Sign in to follow this  
lateagain

Your starter for 10. Name that plane

...and your supplementary questions for 10 points each are,

1) What was the total production run for this aircraft?

2) What aircraft was id developed from?

3) What disadvantage did it have over the Cessna's

....but remember you can't use Wikipedia on University Challenge B)

Geoff Brown

Beagle A109 Airedale

production 43

Auster C

Cessna 175 cost less

HLJAMES

Beagle A109 Airedale

production 43

Auster C

Cessna 175 cost less

HLJAMES

Well that's 10 points, 10 points and I'm afraid I needed the number too it was C4. and finally that may have been true but "the answer I have on the card" ^_^ ...is that it was much heavier.

Thanks for playing :lol:

Geoff

BTW there's a really smart looking all white one with simple side stripes and reg letters on Airliner.net that looks so much better than the earlier "Cessna lookalike" paint jobs most had. A nice model with good sounds and flies well but the virtual cockpit is not up to latest standards. A model well worth an update and a makeover though IMHO :good:

Geoff Brown

Stretch it out to six seats...drop in a Pratt & Whitney PT6 turbine.....it will sell!

HLJAMES

Well that's 10 points, 10 points and I'm afraid I needed the number too it was C4. and finally that may have been true but "the answer I have on the card" ^_^ ...is that it was much heavier.

Thanks for playing :lol:

Geoff

BTW there's a really smart looking all white one with simple side stripes and reg letters on Airliner.net that looks so much better than the earlier "Cessna lookalike" paint jobs most had. A nice model with good sounds and flies well but the virtual cockpit is not up to latest standards. A model well worth an update and a makeover though IMHO :good:

SO much heavier! What were those guys thinking?!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

SO much heavier! What were those guys thinking?!

Probably that good old BRITISH engineering philosopy of "Belt AND Braces (suspenders for you yanks)"? It's got more bracing struts than some biplanes?!

The Ubiquitous PT6 Turbine! :lol: ....you may well have been right? ..........if the bankers hadn't stolen everyones money! :mad:

Back in the 60's we had a number of brilliant designs from the VC10 down to the Beagle 206, but between the Government and our two major airlines (BOAC and BEA - Now combined as BA) interference, and blinkered interference at that, we lost the chance to make what might have sold worldwide. Without that the balance between UK and US commercial aircraft might have been more like todays market shares between Boeing and Airbus?

Ironically the British Aerospace industry is the biggest it's ever been just making parts for Airbus :good:

Geoff Brown