Sign in to follow this  

How much beauty can a man handle during one flight?

Went from KESW to KOMK shortly after dawn. Wow. How much beauty can a man handle during one flight? :wink: What an awesome flight this was! Great mood, great light, great everything! Obviously you'd have to see it in motion to really appreciate it all... :wink:

7931039330_8e1c4e0bbf_h.jpg

7931038436_bc158d9f18_h.jpg

7931037478_c105dab742_h.jpg

7931036506_4c24cfa98a_h.jpg

7931035514_fc06fb68f0_h.jpg

I really like that GNS530's Terrain view in certain situations...

7931034486_70590c40fd_h.jpg

And I also love GPS approaches!

7931033300_ebd5340c1c_h.jpg

Great approach over green fields with those valleys in the distance.

7931032114_575554dd7d_h.jpg

Great shots! Are these X-Plane 10?

John

No, FSX. The RealAir Legacy above Orbx NRM.

Nice set Jeroen!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Great plane in a great scenery. That's really nice, Jeroen

Do you use REX or ASE?

I use REX but only for (specific) textures (clouds, water reflection, sky textures, all at lowest possible resolution) so not the weather engine. I do own ASE but I don't use it because quite often I don't like current weather (also because I usually fly on the other side of the world) and historic weather doesn't work too well on my PC somehow. The weather in this flight was one of the Orbx weather themes manually adjusted for lower visibility.

BTW I am thinking about buying OpusFSX because it gives you different weather in different places that you can actually see from a long distance, just as in real life: it also uses real time weather but I read that with the next update you will be able to save a weather as a theme (including all variations and changes) which would solve the problems I have with ASE. You can even exchange themes, which is nice.

The weather in this flight was one of the Orbx weather themes manually adjusted for lower visibility.

J van E. I am interested in how one manually adjusts the Orbx weather themes. Didn't know you could do that.

Editing ANY weather themes (not only the Obrx ones) in FSX is very easy, but let me start by saying you won't be able to save the changes: the changes only stick as long as you have FSX running OR when you save the actual flight: the weather will be saved with it.

On the Main screen click on Change (Current weather). Select the Weather theme you want to edit at the top. Now here comes the trick: click on OK (to load the weather) and when you are on the Main screen again, click on Change (Current weather) once more. Select User-defined weather and then click on Customize... That's it! now you are editing the theme you loaded previously!

You can change basic Conditions using the menu you see now but you can also click on Advanced Weather (underneath the map) to customize the theme with a lot more control: there are four tabs there: Clouds, Wind, Tem/pressure and Visibility. Take note that each tab has its own set of layers! You really can go crazy with the weather in that menu! :wink:

So the trick is to select a theme, click OK and then go back immediately to make the theme 'user-defined'. You can not select a theme and immediately go to user-defined: in that case you will be editing the weather that was loaded before you got to the weather screen.

It's that simple! Quite often I change visibility (some themes have way too much visibility) and/or the Wind speed of a theme with the basic controls, but sometimes I also move layers a bit up or down on the advanced pages when I don't feel like flying in the clouds al the time. :wink: