Sign in to follow this  
xxJohnxx

JS41 - Did you ever noticed....

So today I rolled the JS41 out of the hanger after spending months in the B737 and the MD11, and as I stood at the ramp I wanted to familiarize myself with the cockpit again. Just to remember where all the switches are if needed...

Then I came over the ELT switch at the left. First I thought, nice to see it in such an aircraft as the B737 and the MD11 don't seem to have the manual ON switch in the cockpit. While I looked at it I thought, well is it working? Then, without any hope I dialed in 121.500 MHz into my Radio and switched it to ON. And I was really surprised to see that it actually created the beeping sound on the emergency frequency just as it should.

That just showed how many effort PMDG puts into their products, which probably all of us enjoy very much. :good:

It is a real pity that PMDG didn't made another SP for the JS41 (and for the MD-11 too) yet, hopefully one day they will find some time to sort some things out in their older products which many of us still really like to fly. ^_^

Best regards,

Jonathan

BTW: Does somebody want's to send me the JS41colddark.exe which switched the JS41 to C&D by pressing Tab + Q?

I believe that it was in one of the official checklists to tune this in and make sure the signal is working.

Never tried this before...Good find!

Of course with 406 ELT's now you may or may not hear any tones over 121.5 anymore.

Not as cool, but have you all noticed the coffee stains on the performance book (I think on the 22000 lbs and beyond)? Or how the sun visors work, even the jump seat and armrests.