Sign in to follow this  
737guy

So Long NG!

Well,

After almost 5500 hours in the 737NG, I'm moving on... It was a tough decision, made easier with a few things that are going on with my airline... Short of my time on the Mad Dog, and the F-111 in the Air Force, I've never been more fond of an aircraft... Well, there were a few years as an FO on the MD-11, but I digress...

I'll be moving on to the 757/767, which will net me (I hope) a better long term quality of live based on a few things going on with my airline, and where I am based. So with that, I share a very recent shot when I had the good fortune to bum a ride on FlagShip Detroit (DC-3). Thats the Freedom Tower up ahead. Second pic is of my new office.... Fire away any NG questions you may have, while I still remember things! :)

615513_10151000035743192_584678800_o.jpg

21072_214617658191_2575626_n.jpg

Congratulations on the equipment switch! Hope classes are a blast! If you need company in the sim, I make a pretty decent co-pilot. B)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Congratulations!

One question pops in mind though. Has it ever happened that you that you though "stupid 737, I wish I was in another plane" at a particular moment?

Regards,

Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

I'd like to know if a Line Pilot ever actually gets sick of flying the line?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Congratulations!

One question pops in mind though. Has it ever happened that you that you though "stupid 737, I wish I was in another plane" at a particular moment?

Regards,

Manfred

Manfred - I think only Airbus pilots feel that way! Just%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gif

I'd like to know if a Line Pilot ever actually gets sick of flying the line?

Sure, I know a few people that have felt this way. I love my job, but the industry is brutal, and it can be easy to get fed up at times... Some guys just bid reserve duty with the hope of a little down time, others leave....

Congratulations on the equipment switch! Hope classes are a blast! If you need company in the sim, I make a pretty decent co-pilot. B)

You got it Zach! If nothing else, I'll send you all the Powerpoint stuff so you can study up! :)

You got it Zach! If nothing else, I'll send you all the Powerpoint stuff so you can study up! :)

If company is okay with it, absolutely!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Manfred - I think only Airbus pilots feel that way! Just%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gif

but the industry is brutal,

That's an understatement. After 33 years I'm ready to get out. I love my job, I'm just not real fond of the people I do it for. (No, I'm not a pilot.)

NAX669.png

congrats on the change . 757s are my current office i was with Southwest,s 737s before .....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Hey congrats...must be quite a switch to go from a newer glass cockpit to the older 763 layout (or are you on 762's?).

At least your new office has more room, and you get that soothing brown ambiance instead of the steel grey.

Maybe you can get on Level-D's good side and give us some insider info. :P

Thanks guys! I'll share some pics from ground school through being released to the line...

Congrats.

I always thought that the 757 was super-sexy.

now THAT would be a great PMDG aircraft!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020