Sign in to follow this  
forkedtail

Yellow Peril Stearman

I'm afraid I'm still having MAAM-SIM withdrawl issues. From the looks of the teasers we saw back in 2011, the Stearman had to be fairly close to being finished when the plug was pulled on future project development. Is there any chance that this project will be finished by the former team or a new team, and give MAAM-SIM and the museum a last hurrah in in what was easily the best series of warbird aircraft ever made for flight simulation?

It crossed my mind that the appearance of an almost identical and impressive Stearman in the MS Flight game might have been straw that broke the camels back. We now know that Flight was a still-born project and the flight models for those aircraft were almost laughable. So with Flight out of the picture, FSX, FS9, Prepar3D are still very healthy and many vendors are active in add-on development. Personally, I have spent more on fs add-ons in the past six months than during my entire prior fifteen years of simming experience.

I urge the MAAM-SIM team to reconsider and finish the Yellow Peril project, and any other plans that might be lurking. The flight simming community needs you.