Sign in to follow this  
erixx76

Mike Kelly altered the autogen tree and the cloud textures :

Where can i find mike kelly autogen tree and the cloud textures zip files.

I been looking all over for it and i cant find it.

So please get back to me asap if you have that zip file for i can use it.

It help my fps or if you have anything like it thank you.

Ok i know this is out dated i use it before and it work well for me.

It like a zip file.

Here what mike and kelly wrote.....

Please try the attached autogen tree textures. They improved framerates for me but your mileage may vary - post your results here.

The textures have been reduced from the originals and the DXT1 format and alpha channels have been preserved. The dimensions have been reduced by 50%. This results in a reduction in total size of the textures from 10.7MB to 3.9MB. All seasons are included.

And all that worked well on my system thanks

So if you know where this file is please help for i can load it...

Hmm...do anyone know about this.

Just want to use this for i dont have any pop or stutter..

Well thank's a million...

According to the 'experts', "there is NO fix for tree/auto-gen pop-ups. In FS9 we have something called alpha fade which prevents this, but in FSX it was excluded. When ACES realized it was excluded, they tried to get alpha fade back into FSX, but it never happened. No textures, tweaks, or settings are going to make a difference, except to turn auto-gen Off." See the following site - http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/archive/index.php/t-218645.html.

I also did a Google search for 'Mike Kelly autogen' and came up with a lot of hits, including the info above. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Firehawk44 so you are saying if i turn off the autogen everything should work fine....

Ok i'll give it a go and see what happen

But where i got the altered autogen tree and the cloud textures was in fsx tweak collection...

But i guess they are no more well it fine i think i can do with out it...

I tried but thank's a million...

Oh by the way nice website..!!!

You can also modify these 2 lines (BOLD) in the fsx.cfg to a lower number...

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=100

MESH_RESOLUTION=22

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=27

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=4

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1700

Jay

Do not turn Autogen off, this can effect performance and problems with some addon airports.

Read http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/30939-warning-autogen-none-off-can-generate-problems/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You can also modify these 2 lines (BOLD) in the fsx.cfg to a lower number

According to the link I provided in post #4, this setting (tweak) no longer works in FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1700

What's the difference between doing the above or just moving the slider to the left?

According to the link I provided in post #4, this setting (tweak) no longer works in FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Interesting, I've been using that 'tweak' since day 1 and it sure seems to make a difference here

Jay

To be honest, I have been using that tweak and had trees set at 1000 and buildings at 800 per cell. It would be difficult to tell whether the tweak works or not. I look down and I still see a lot of trees! LOL!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

To be honest, I have been using that tweak and had trees set at 1000 and buildings at 800 per cell. It would be difficult to tell whether the tweak works or not. I look down and I still see a lot of trees! LOL!

Best regards,

Jim

Same here, my test was FPS and it definatly was better with the lower numbers. Now I am really curious so as soon as I get time I'm going to do some experimenting again.

Jay

Holger gave a dissertation on how trees are created and used in FSX - I think it was in an ORBX post.. These figures are taken from that.

Found i/them:-

Holger:-

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17144-answered-terrain-max-autogen-tweak-for-pnw/#entry150798

Stephen:-

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/22631-adjusting-autogenerated-trees-and-buildings-per-cell-in-fsx/page__hl__terrain_max_autogen_buildings_per_cell__fromsearch__1t

Hope this helps!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hello again thank's for everything..

Paul J orbxsyste says Sorry, we couldn't find that!

Firehawk44 i have done what you said and it seem

it work a little better then what i thought..

But then i kinda miss that tweak ha ha but it ok thank's man...