Sign in to follow this  
Jason Howell

Questions about ORBX Australia and Ultimate Terrain X

Im thinking on buying my first ORBX product, and im going to make it the Aussie stuff. I keep reading on the net that it conflicts with Ultimate Terrain, which i have UTX USA, Canada, Alaska, and Europe. Are there going to be issues?

You will not have any issues with FTX Australia and Ultimate Terrain.

I think some people have had issues with some of the US Orbx regions such as PNW and how to run it with UTX USA. Maybe thats what you are thinking of here. (same issue will probably crop up with Orbx UK when released) I think its just a matter on how you place them in the scenery layer.

I have all Aus Orbx stuff and UTX Europe (with GEX) and don't have any issue with them both being installed.

Kind Regards

Simon.

No problems with the Oz nor the PNW, CRM packages and UT-X at all.

I think some people have had issues with some of the US Orbx regions such as PNW and how to run it with UTX USA. Maybe thats what you are thinking of here. (same issue will probably crop up with Orbx UK when released) I think its just a matter on how you place them in the scenery layer.

I have all Aus Orbx stuff and UTX Europe (with GEX) and don't have any issue with them both being installed.

I have all the ORBX USA/Canada regions and over a dozen ORBX add-on airports. The ORBX regions like PNW install easily (click click click) like any other Windows product and I have not seen posted anywhere a trend toward 'issues with UTX GEX Mega 'whatever' or any of the flavor-of-the-month scenery products, quite the opposite ORBX products by design obfuscate all other scenery add-ons. There is nothing to gain adding UTX to existing ORBX installations except when one flies out of an ORBX region..but who would want to do that? ! Forecasting 'future' ORBX UK issues and declaring PNW currently has 'issues' is an uninformed opinion at best, and transparent covert salesmanship at the worst. It is not "how you place them in the scenery library" either, that is NOT correct installation procedure, it's click click click and FTX Central does all the 'placement.' So much misinformation..so much greed.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I have all the ORBX USA/Canada regions and over a dozen ORBX add-on airports. The ORBX regions like PNW install easily (click click click) like any other Windows product and I have not seen posted anywhere a trend toward 'issues with UTX GEX Mega 'whatever' or any of the flavor-of-the-month scenery products, quite the opposite ORBX products by design obfuscate all other scenery add-ons. There is nothing to gain adding UTX to existing ORBX installations except when one flies out of an ORBX region..but who would want to do that? ! Forecasting 'future' ORBX UK issues and declaring PNW currently has 'issues' is an uninformed opinion at best, and transparent covert salesmanship at the worst. It is not "how you place them in the scenery library" either, that is NOT correct installation procedure, it's click click click and FTX Central does all the 'placement.' So much misinformation..so much greed.

Firstly, hold your horses. You obviously have not understood my post. At no point do i imply that PNW has issues. My point was that some people have had confusion on how best to install both scenery packages ( if there is any) and there have been posts on such topics. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382176-orbx-and-utx-which-is-active/ and so on. So its not that PNW has issues its that some people have had issues (user error) or confusion about how to run both when flying outside an Orbx region.

Also, believe it or not, as good as Orbx sceneries are there are guys out there doing flights across the US so yes they would fly over Orbx and UTX US as Orbx does not yet cover the whole of US as you no doubt know.

Once again, When Orbx UK is released , no doubt there will be users asking support on how it will integrate with UTX Europe etc. Some people will have issues even if its a user fault. That was what i was saying there.

So please, read the post more carefully and although your post itself was amusing im not sure i like your tone either.

'transparent covert salesmanship at the worst' '..so much greed' Whats all that about??

Kind Regards

Simon.

You need to make sure that you set FTX Central to Default before you install any UTX products, otherwise you may have problems.

Also, you may need to disable the UTX night lighting and some of their airport elevation files in the PNW/PFJ regions - you can find a list of these I believe in the Compatibilty forum over at ORBX forums.

Cheers

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg