Sign in to follow this  
geezerman

Best controller for P3D

I have now made the commitment to P3D and I am having great results, ( my thanks to Lockheed Martin).

Regretably my trusty CH Yoke controller after many tears of use , is in need of replacement.

I would love to hear what controllers other P3D pilots use ?

Most of my flying is "low and slow" bush type scenery Orbx atc.

I have Win.7 64 bit on a mid to upperend system and P3D ver. 1,4

I am looking for something that does not take a software expert to install and tune ( calibrate).

Any reccomendations or comments would be gratefully appreciated.

Dave

Outstanding bbest for every flight simulation is the Thrustmaster Warthog!

simply connect it, no need for Drivers or software under Win7/8.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been using the Saitek yoke with the SPAD drivers/software. Very happy with the results. I do plan to upgrade down the road for one of those expensive yokes next time around (something in the $500 range).

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I use CH yoke, rudder and ThrottleQ for a/c that use a yoke and a saitek X-52 for stick aircraft. All connected at once, set up in FSUIPC so the right controller is active for the specific aircraft.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi guys

Thanks for your help. As I don't want to spend $500 plus I think I will stay with the CH yoke , throttle, pedals etc.

Thanks again

Dave

CH Throttle Quad and Yoke are the best. Stay away from the Saitek junk.

CH Throttle Quad and Yoke are the best. Stay away from the Saitek junk.

I had some CH stuff once and the Yoke was pretty good but I remember my brother told me at the time that he intensely disliked the feel of the pedals as they were too flimsy and non-adjustable (he held a PPL at the time). The Saitek pedals have an adjustable friction knob to make them feel firmer to push which is nice. Too bad they don't do the same with their throttle quadrant. And a lot of people complain about the detend on the yoke but I've not found it to be an issue personally.

Having said all this Saitek seem to have more gear for the cockpit builders. I personally use the Saitek Cessna gear and love the feel of it.

Wore out the detents in the CH throttle quadrant in less than a yr, They wouldnt send replacement parts so it took a leap from the third floor. Crumbles like a cheezy heep of plastic. Now only use GoFlight quadrant.