Sign in to follow this  
Bobu

This helped my micro stutters

FSX had developed micro stutters and it took me a while to sort out the cause. Maybe this will help someone.

I started out by dropping my internal FPS limiter to just below my average FPS. In my case, this was 24. At this point I noticed micro stutters, but the not so micro stutters were gone. The next step was to unpark my cpu's. Do a search on it. Took 5 minutes to edit the registry to make sure all your cores are working. This made things slightly better, but still not butter smooth. The last thing I did was start playing around with the cfg tweak used to allocate processor time between scenery and everything else. Not on my gaming pc, but i think it was FIBER FRAME FRACTION....something. The default is .33 and I had mine set to .25. I think the problem is that I never tried going HIGHER than .33. I did try a lot of settings below .33, however.

For me .40 smoothed out the stutters. I wasn't allocating enough CPU to load the scenery, so i got the micro stutters. But the scenery was loading without blurries, which I thought would be the case.

So as Word Not Allowed says you just have to experiment. The key, which he also emphasizes, is balance. I had to get realistic about my cloud settings, AI settings, weather settings, shadow settings, FPS limiter settings, etc. to find a smooth setup.

The micro stutters are really annoying, so hope this helps someone else.

Thank you, I'll try that. I'm trying to cure a momentary 'tick' most noticeable in a turn. I am sure it is because my dual core spu @ 3.4 Ghz just isn't up to it.

For me .40 smoothed out the stutters.

Glad that fixed it for you but, what is your FPS like? The high the FFTF, typically, the lower the FPS you recieve.

Glad that fixed it for you but, what is your FPS like? The high the FFTF, typically, the lower the FPS you recieve.

Hey Ben. I can get 24 with these settings, and dropping FFTF down to .25 only was good for 1-2 more FPS, with the micro stutters. It was literally the sweet spot for me. The reason I posted it was because I wasn't expecting better results relative to stutters increasing this value.

It is a balancing act!

It was literally the sweet spot for me.

Glad that you hit the perfect setting! Now go fly! :biggrin:

Glad that you hit the perfect setting! Now go fly! :biggrin:

I was just doing that when TrackIR lost it. Always something!