Sign in to follow this  
Jason Howell

I'm Hooked...

I wish they would do some of the smaller airports in Europe (like all the airports used by Ryanair)

I did not want to "overlap" my purchases.

ORBX in North America does not overlap, it compliments your other sceneries. In the regions where it is active, it disables the others. ORBX NA will also blow you away as well.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

If you think Oz looks good when covered by Orbx, and you love the Rocky Mountains, try out NZ South Island and NZ North Island! They will blow you away...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I have all the Orbx stuff except for the new NZ ones.

I bought all of Australia for $50 on sale and it's great, the freeware airports for it are very good too. My only complaint about Oz is that they didn't upgrade airports like they did in the other ones. In NRM they updated 300 airports or something but in Oz they didn't. But once your airborne you forget about that, it's lovely. I especially love the YRED freeware.

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

If you think Oz looks good when covered by Orbx, and you love the Rocky Mountains, try out NZ South Island and NZ North Island! They will blow you away...

+1 I bought both of these as they looked good for a tour with the Lancair Legacy. Fantastic scenery especially around Mount Cook. Going to post some DX10 NZ screenshots tonight.

Adam

What airports have they done for NZ?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

What airports have they done for NZ?

They have enchanced all the default airports in the New Zealand package. They haven't released payware airports for it yet but they are working on 2, Qeenstown and Milford sound.

Instead of doing a very large swaths of land (like the entire Australia) or entire US, they need to do pockets of areas around the world that is interesting...

But.. that's basically what they ARE doing so far in NA. PNW, PFJ, NRM, CRM are all extremely scenic and visually interesting areas, and the upcoming NCA and SAK areas are as well. What's nice about the way they've approached the US/Canada so far is that they areas HAVE been contiguous, so in total, yes, they now cover large geographic areas which will expand even more. I'm guessing that pattern will eventually break, but to me it's a huge benefit and I'm far less interested in patchworked releases. And I'm a GA guy - I'd expect the tubeliner crowd would be even less interested in piecemeal scenery.

Scott

Welcome to the FTX world. Your FSX will never be the same. :P

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It's ironic that a product like ORBX limits your flying to world. To ORBX areas lol

:lol:

ORBX in North America does not overlap, it compliments your other sceneries. In the regions where it is active, it disables the others. ORBX NA will also blow you away as well.

Indeed. I have UTX, GEX and two other landclass packages that I use for the "rest" of the US not covered by Orbx and there is simply no comparison. And keep in mind that all of the Orbx NA regions come with updated "default" airports. These updated airports alone are pretty much worth the price of admission. UTX and GEX are still worthwhile packages to have for the other areas, but you won't feel like you're overlapping once you see what the NA regions bring to the table.

Hey, if nothing else, give the free demo area, which covers the Olympic Peninsula and features the excellent KHQM airport, a try.

I love helping spend other simmers' money! :-)

Scott

Me and the wife share the office, she has her desk on one side and i have my FS setup on the other. Shes seen me do enough flying to know how the sim works..how to pause and unpause, and so on. I had been sitting there flying Australia, just happy as a clam, and i get up to get a drink. I was gone maybe 5 minutes tops and i come back and the wife had sat down and was flying and remarking how everything looks so real. She also gave me the go ahead to buy BOTH new zealand sceneries! So now i have that area of the world simply covered!

I just got NZ installed and im about to take it for a spin.....:)

Yup, can be great fun this game.

Q, how did you get your terminals all filled in like that?

I use My Traffic X 5.4a Professional. Nearly every airline in the world, plus cargo, and military, and GA. It fills practically every airport. I also have UT2, but honestly MTX is better on frame rates, you can get more traffic out of it..and does the job for me.

7949447706_6cdb51321a_k.jpg

7949447258_4027408f90_k.jpg

7949446600_1e33227f56_k.jpg

Orbx like in Europe.

Its Location, Location, Location.

French Alps with France VFR Photscerny and Autogen and LLH Courchevel and FSDT's Geneva and of course REX is something! France VFR's airports pretty much sucks..waste of money.

France VFR and Orbx have two divergent methodology however, they would have to converge.. France VFR would keep adding thicker and thicker foliage/autogen and Orbx would have to keep adding phototextures to improve.. make theirs better than what they already have.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter