Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

ngx flap/speed

hi guys,

been a long time but here goes. i was flying the pmdg 737-700ng easy jet from brussels to gatwick and realised after setting up the fmc properly i clciked on crz button as i just wanted to make sure the speed restriction 250/10000ft was enbaled so i do not get fined in fs passengers however it did not say this, what it did asy was flap/speed, i was unsure on what to do as i didnt know if the plane was goin to go 250k below 10000ft could someone explain to me why this happened.

many thanks bilal

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

If you don't change anything on CRZ page, then 250/10000 restriction is set up automatically.

You can check it after retracting flaps or passing waypoint restriction on SID, whichever occurs later.

250/10000ft was enbaled so i do not get fined in fs passengers

Stupid. Some airports can have got speed restriction other than 250/10000 (RW FMC should know it, not sure about NGX) or ATC can allow you to accelerate earlier. Even in EBBR if clean maneuvering speed is higher than 250, you are allowed to hold it up to 10000 (although this most fits for large jets like 777 or 747).

Hey guys this was not a solution it just kept on going over speed all it's says in clb fmc page speed/flaps but it doesn't keep 250 below 10000ft can someone help me

Many thanks

As said above and not that it is relevant but it appears you have passed the RMC transition level too, hence the altimeter reading in yellow.

Thanks yes just realised but will that really affect the speed I'm at and the altitude I mean that's way to fast IMO

Man, you are too heavy! You just cannot fly at 250kt with flaps up. Reduce your weight - you don't need full fuel tanks to fly from brussels to gatwick.

BTW do you remember this quote?

Even in EBBR if clean maneuvering speed is higher than 250, you are allowed to hold it up to 10000 (although this most fits for large jets like 777 or 747).

This means you are allowed to fly in EBBR at CMS, if it higher than 250 as it stated in charts. So in this case this overspeed is ok, just notify ATC.

What is your weight? Your PERF INIT seems like it might have some errors. Like lbs vs kg or something.

Do a screen shot of the whole cockpit and some PERF INIT shots as well.

Matt Cee

Damn just closed fsx but my grw was 157.5 I think or similar

Oh but on the 737-800ngx the speed restriction automatically applies no matter the flaps even on landing but when on landing with the setup in the pic the plane does not even slow down one bit it remains something like 230 k final even when alterd in the mcp

As said above and not that it is relevant but it appears you have passed the RMC transition level too, hence the altimeter reading in yellow.

His climb page is showing a speed/flaps - indicating the aircraft is not sensing it is deconfigured. How is that not relevant?

His climb page is showing a speed/flaps - indicating the aircraft is not sensing it is deconfigured.

Nah, he is deconfigured all right, notice how he is limited from bottom not from top.

I suppose he put zfw in lbs instead of kgs and now the plane thinks it is 160tonnes instead of 160K pounds.