Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Light Bloom not visible from VC

I can't find any reports on this so I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem. The effects of light bloom are visible only from the C172 and 206B virtual cockpit, and on any other aircraft's virtual cockpit I see no effect. Does anyone else get this, and is there a fix?

There is no effect on the panel itself or looking out the windows at the terrain?

Is this native bloom? Dx9? Dx10? ENB?

Be more specific.

There is no effect on the panel itself or looking out the windows at the terrain?

Be more specific.

The effect does not work at all when viewing the world from inside the cockpit. For example, during an approach, in spot view I get the bloom effect on the runway lights. In cockpit view, the runway lights look normal, without the bloom effect.

The C172 and 206B are exceptions though.

What kind bloom is it? I edited my original post to include that but you didn't say what you're using.

Hardly anyone uses native dx9 bloom because it kills system performance.

You probably won't find many here that can give you feedback due to this.

I have used bloom with dx10 before and never noticed any problems with plenty of pay ware aircraft and default.

ENB also hasn't given any problems.

Personally I stay away from dx9 bloom like the plague so I have no idea what your issue could be.

You may try looking into ENB which gives a similar bloom effect without the performance hit.

I know it kills performance, but since I usually fly into non-complex areas, I almost always leave it on.

If anybody knows anything about this, please post. If it's an FSX bug, then I doubt it can be fixed, but I'd like to know if there's a solution.

I messed around with bloom in dx9 a little yesterday with the Realair Duke v2 and it looked amazing. I was getting bright sheen reflections off the interior panels depending on the sun's location. I should have taken some pics. I did post some pics awhile back demonstrating this with the Lancair. Looks freakin awesome, but unfortionately the fps hit is just not worth it, especially in heavy sceneries.

SfqO.jpg

H5yK1.jpg

r1u3f.jpg

ktU.jpg

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

i know about the bug that shows bloom through the panel, and i know that there's a fix, but dont remember its name and where it is. 

so in the Duke v2 bloom works in the VC, and also in helis, but in many other planes don't. (default 737 i.e.).

I am going to do ANOTHER fresh install - SIGH - and see if it works.

i know about the bug that shows bloom through the panel, and i know that there's a fix, but dont remember its name and where it is. 

so in the Duke v2 bloom works in the VC, and also in helis, but in many other planes don't. (default 737 i.e.).

I am going to do ANOTHER fresh install - SIGH - and see if it works.

Don't, it's a waste of time. Fresh install never fix anything, they just replace the files that were already there. If you haven't done strange things to your installation, it will never work no matter how many times you reinstall it. 

I messed around with bloom in dx9 a little yesterday with the Realair Duke v2 and it looked amazing. I was getting bright sheen reflections off the interior panels depending on the sun's location. I should have taken some pics. I did post some pics awhile back demonstrating this with the Lancair. Looks freakin awesome, but unfortionately the fps hit is just not worth it, especially in heavy sceneries.

Wow, so not only does the bloom work through the aircraft's window, but it also creates light inside the actual VC. Thank you for the screenshots, they look amazing.

ok did the fresh install and......... default 737 (and many other planes) do not show bloom in VC :( ....wondering is there is a fix........

ok did the fresh install and......... default 737 (and many other planes) do not show bloom in VC :( ....wondering is there is a fix........

I did some testing a few weeks ago, and most aircraft do not show the bloom inside the VC. The only aircraft that allow it are the Cessna 172 and the Bell 206B for sure, and maybe the King Air.

As for add-on aircraft, that should depend on the developer.