Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

Using Saved Flight

Hello everyone, I am looking for some assistance in using the saved flight facility. I find that my hand flying needs brushed up a bit so tonight flew from London to Glasgow in the 737NGX and at the final approach I saved the flight for further use. I exited FSX and reloaded. I went to the saved flight section in MSFS where the flight was saved but could not execute. I then tried the saved section in the 737 and the flight was showing saved in it but again I could not execute the flight. Harking back to FS9 the saved flight took you to the point where you saved the flight and you started from there. I hope I have described the situation clearly. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks. Richard Welsh.

Richard

Not sure why you could not execute this saved flight. That said I know there are 'issues' with saved flights because of the 20 second startup time with the NGX - not their faults as they have to do this to workaround issues in FSx. There are a number of topics on here around this matter. My concern would be even if you managed to execute the save flight you may find that by the time the panels, etc have kicked in that you are on the deck. There are workarounds, but for me I tend not to save flights.

What I have done, is practice approaches in default FSx aircraft a lot first and then flown circuits with touch and goes around the same airport (turn off the traffic) in the House NGX to get more practice in this baby. I set some fixes around the airfield I am flying out of and into to help me stay within a 20nm radius. May be worth a try. Picked this little gem up from a Google video (can link you up if you want).

Recently I also discovered FS FlyingSchool Pro which allows you to do ILS and VFR approaches at any aiport in the world (if you have the full version) and you get MrSmith 'instructing' and marking you. You cannot fly the NGX in this, but they do have an updated stock 737. If you try to turn on the autopilot you get a massive score deduction and if you try to slew, the instructor will disconnect you! So hand flying is the only way.

I am sure the masses out there may also be able to offer you their suggestions or now of other good ways to get some practice.

Good luck.

Hello Jason, Thanks a lot for your input. For some time I have been using auto ILS approaches and using FRAPS for recording and screenshots of outside views on my second monitor, hence I got out of hand flying practice. Will take your advice and practice with FS defaults. Regards. Richard Welsh.