Sign in to follow this  
mabe54

They better turn the bad luck off soon...

Please Ro, tell us how you really feel lol

*Sits on therapists couch*

"Well I think it all started when I was 4... " :P

I wouldn't like to be working for Aer Lingus with this looming over me. Equally though the Irish travelling public will also be royally screwed. I would imagine the cost of getting to airports like Heathrow and CDG would climb very quickly. I don't know or understand the intricacies of such a takeover ( if you could call it that) but I have a very bad feeling about it.

Indeed, and it all was going so well for the past 2 years, such high moral and a great atmosphere among all the staff, CM is great like that, You can bet wages will be slashed, we'll say no, strike, then he'll just shut us down saying we were too unprofitable despite the fact that we're more profitable than Ryanair per passenger flown... :Rolling Eyes:

Just pray it doesn't get through... :Praying: :Praying: :Praying:

Regards,

Rónán

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

The only thing I can think of us perhaps AA is keeping good terms with RA to possibly buy/sell or maintain 737's between them. Both are heavy 737 users.

Matthew Kane

Being in Canada I'm glad I don't have to consider Ryan air as a travel option.

When I heard the ceo wanted to install pay to use bathrooms... And that he was actually serious, I pretty much dismissed this company as anything but pure trash right there.

I'm sure after a few "accidents" in the seats they would have reversed that policy real quick.

The only thing I can think of us perhaps AA is keeping good terms with RA to possibly buy/sell or maintain 737's between them. Both are heavy 737 users.

I don't think so, FR don't play ball with anyone else, FR are currently in the market for about 150 aircraft but the funny thing is, due to MOL rabbiting on about how he "Raped" Boeing for their first 400, and having used Airbus in the process, now neither are willing to sell them to him at anything other than book price, which ruins FR's business model which is basically based on selling aircraft for more than they bought them and illegal local subsidies....

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

.......except possibly the Chinese or Russians

http://www.independe...ts-2527367.html

Wasn't it a Russian MS-21 that flew into the side of a mountain in Indonesia recently?

That was a SSJ-100.

Ryanair will never buy Chinese, Russian or Bombardier aircraft, the production rates aren't fast enough, the EIS is too far out, their capacity is too low, their dispatch reliability is not proven. They need either Airbus or Boeing, but neither are willing to play MOL's game... They also need the aircraft soon as their current aircraft have to be sold off while they're still young to be sure that FR makes a profit on them, if they keep selling them off at the rate they are then they'll have no aircraft left...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

.......except possibly the Chinese or Russians

http://www.independe...ts-2527367.html

Wasn't it a Russian MS-21 that flew into the side of a mountain in Indonesia recently?

That crash was most likely pilot error last I checked but I wouldn't underestimate that jet. Problem with the USA is when they get too comfortable the competition sneeks up on them when it's too little too late. GMC, Ford and Chrysler for example. The US Auto industry was once thought to be a sure thing. Airbus has given Boeing a good run for its money as well and we all saw an Airbus crash at a demo in France.

Careful what you say because in 10 to 15 years the aviation industry is going to be a very different place. None of us have a crystal ball but we all know their is fierce compitition ahead that the industry has never seen before.

Matthew Kane

Yeah MOL is in a bit of a pickle with Boeing and Airbus. Like you said Boeing aren't bending over backwards this time, they don't need to. Last time they needed the orders but now all they really need to do is keep a nice steady NG production rate till the MAX starts production. And that shouldnt be too hard, they've gotten a couple of good orders recently especially from AA and SW.

MOL ticked off Airbus last time around and now they won't play ball either. So FR will either have to give into either Boeing or Airbus or just wait for the MAX or NEO.

I think that they'll have to get used to it now, last time they made a huge order was 2002 correct? So Boeing/Airbus needed orders after the industry slow down from 9/11. Now they're not so desperate and don't need to give in to MOL.

I agree about them staying with Boeing and Airbus. The CS100 like you said wont have the capacity. The CS300 might but how long would it take Bombardier to build 250 frames? A very long time.

My 2 cents.

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

With their reputation it does not matter to me which aircraft they acquire at any price, I will never be in one, not with that corporate culture.

Kind regards,

Scary stuff indeed. Greed has so many ill effects... Hopefully one day, humanity can escape that particular cave man left over.

As far as the Rus/China manufactures. Russian planes have a good rep. They have to put up with allot of abuse, misuse, and little maintenance! Looks like they are really doing a good job with the new ms-21. The supply chain has some well known manufactures: http://www.aviationn...ms-21-twin-jet/

I should add, Its now slated for 2017 though

He is one hell of a strange figurehead for such a large company. Excellent reading on the following link:-

http://www.dailymail...ing-passes.html

Ryanair boss Michael O’Leary has launched an extraordinary rant against his own customers – branding those who object to paying a penalty for failing to print their own boarding cards as ‘idiots’ who should ‘b***** off’.

The outspoken chief executive of the budget airline said passengers who arrive for flights without a pass are ‘stupid’ and it is right they are charged £60 a time to have one printed at the check-in desk because it is their ‘**** up’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz25euk9uxX

Ya know there comes a time when the thinking that any press is good press doesn't work anymore, I think he passed that line a long time ago.

Sent using Tapatalk

I will never fly with Ryanair anymore, for one reason only, the SEO, Michael O'Leary is an arrogant arse! Full stop, end of story.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

He is more than an ignorant arse he is DANGEROUS

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2