Sign in to follow this  
mabe54

That took too long for me...

Even FSX would have declared that flight as a frame crash. They just let the plane ride the wave I guess even though a little deviation left or right would have helped.

cheers,

Even FSX would have declared that flight as a frame crash. They just let the plane ride the wave I guess even though a little deviation left or right would have helped.

cheers,

Sometimes a deviation for comfort isn't an option. In this case, we don't know the circumstances, exactly. That was some pretty serious turbulence for the passengers, though, and that kind of stuff is scary for those who don't know any better. WEEeeeeee!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Bouncy bouncy bouncy! ^_^ Maybe it's just the camera, but to me it doesn't look very bad, heavy turbulence, but not severe...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I actually don't get stressed in turbulence. I like watching the aircraft flex.

Been on a few between Auckland and KLAX in the 747-400 sitting in the back row. You can look out and see the wings flex, engine pod rock slightly and look straight up the aisle from back to front and see if the fusleage flex slightly. This means the aircraft is doing what it is supposed to. You get some crazy storms out there over the Pacific.

If I ever hear engines stopping one after the other over the Pacific then I would worry.

Matthew Kane

Looks pretty turbulent to me!

Stan

I experienced something similar but even more turbulent in a Shorts 360 from Charlotte to Hickory some years ago. I thought the aircraft was going to come apart. The poor flight attendant had to hold onto both rows of seats just to stay upright. This was the worst clear air turbulence I have ever encountered. Interestingly, no bags were used.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I think he used a little artistic licence with the camera judder. :rolleyes:

There is turbulence yes, but certainly not as bad as you are led to believe with the phone camera. Look around the 6 minute mark and you will see the camera moving all over the place and drinks sitting on the seat tray table, unaided and with little to no movement. Also there is very little body movement apart from the few bumps here and there.

:LMAO:

Yea I could make an airplane parked at the gate look like turbulence with a little artistic licence.

Matthew Kane

Never had a prob with turbulence.. but those "holes" you drop in from time to time, can push a full bladder to its limits!

My brother would always explain it to people, that it was no different then a rough road in a car. Not so scary to non flyers when they can think of it in that context.

There is turbulence yes, but certainly not as bad as you are led to believe with the phone camera. Look around the 6 minute mark and you will see the camera moving all over the place and drinks sitting on the seat tray table, unaided and with little to no movement. Also there is very little body movement apart from the few bumps here and there.

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Wouldn't wanna be on this flight.Nail%20Biting.gif

Now that's turbulence, well, either that or poorly maintained overhead bins... ^_^

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

You guys need to watch it again with your ears not so much with your eyes. That was turbulent.

Cheers,

I could hear the sounds, and it lasted a while, but it seemed fairly mild. When you need to strap yourself in and hold your drink in place now you are talking strong turbulence. I've been on several flights where anything not firmly held in place was going for a ride.

it isn't all that much different than riding in New York city streets, in fact, I am certain that may be bumper than this flight.

New York city streets, in fact, I am certain that may be bumper than this flight.

Indeed... From exit 13 on the NJ Turnpike, all the way to queens... there are plenty of places you can experience flight from the comforts of your car.