Sign in to follow this  
Air France

Fraps Not Good!

Hi,

When I launch FRAPS to take screen shot it KILLS my FPS....Why is that?? Whats another tool to take Screen shots?

I have the same issue with FRAPS... in video mode it is a frame killer... but to be fair... my PC is 6 years old and only has 256 mem card.. Wonder I can fly FSX at all :blink:

A good freeware tool is called "Snapper" and it does no harm to my FPS... It is designed for screen snaps Been using it for years,, Google for it

Jeff

Are you sure it didn't go into video capture mode? FRAPS shouldn't hurt FPS at all if you are just taking screenshots.

Yes it does. Taking screenshots drops your FPS, but only for ~ 1 second, as it is only a screenshot like you mentioned. I don't like using FRAPS to take screenshots, as the quality kinda sucks. Use either the Windows Snipping Tool, V, or another picture-taking program.

Yes it does. Taking screenshots drops your FPS, but only for ~ 1 second, as it is only a screenshot like you mentioned. I don't like using FRAPS to take screenshots, as the quality kinda sucks. Use either the Windows Snipping Tool, V, or another picture-taking program.

Snipping tool does not take great screen shots or is it me?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=380149345391516&set=a.373263866080064.85864.373089826097468&type=1&theater

Snipping tool does not take great screen shots or is it me?

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Well, that scene looks really dark and you're using exterior views in between clouds. So yes, it's not good with that. But with a little Photoshop or Microsoft Picture Manager it can be fixed.

Take a look at the picture I attached.

The "V" key's IMO the best, easiest way of making screenshots in FSX- and it doesn't affect FPS at all. Other than that there's the "Print Screen" key, and paste it to Paint (or any other program like that).

never really had an issue with fraps. In fact, sometimes I'll forget about it and end up with multiple huge recording files. It must affect my fps but I don't notice it.

No problem with Fraps here either. It is on all the time, takes great screens easily and has no frame rate or any other issues.