Sign in to follow this  
Jason Howell

For those who think My Traffic X AI models are inferior...

I have MTXpro and have to be honest, I am really disappointed at SOME of the AI models. They really are very poor. Unsure where they have come from, because if I'm unfortunate enough to taxi past one, then it spoils the immsersion factor.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

To be clear, having good looking AI aircraft does not NECESSARILY mean they have a big impact on FPS if they are designed properly - quite the contrary, AI Aardvark [the original quality AI provider and still the one with the widest range of models] used to have as it's motto "It's all about the frame rates" [or was it "It's all about the polygons"?].

I'm no model builder but I think for example they put great effort into ensuring that the only polygons in their models were the ones you could see - with sloppy designs it's possible to have polygons inside the model on back surfaces etc which aren't visible but are still rendered by FS.

OK, as PC specifications have improved and frame rates have become a bit less critical, they've moved away from that somewhat towards higher quality but they are NOT frame rate hogs.

Secondly, if you don't use My Traffic or Ultimate Traffic, there is NO need to start writing your own flightplans etc etc. World 0f AI provide 400 packages for live airlines comprising flightplans, models & repaints plus another 100 for bankrupt & otherwise defunct airlines [doesn't that tell you something about the airline industry?]. Each of those takes seconds to install. I use Ultimate GA to bulk that up with quality bizjets & bizprops and that operates in a similar way.

If you want to get payware AI, that's fine, your decision and your money. I think you're wasting it.

ngxu_banner.png

Is it just me or is that ERJ deploying speed breaks on its Horizontal stabilizers?

why would you need to swap out paints when you have damn near every airline that flies in the package already?

Because the MT models are bad. Also, does MT have all of the special paint schemes and apply the different variations when airlines are transitioning to new liveries? For example, during the UA/CO Merger and the NWA/DAL merger, I went in to UT2 periodically and reduced the number of paints for the old airline. Eventually, all paints were transitioned to DAL and UA and/or new schedules were released by UT.

Of course, you can't do this with vanilla UT2 but it is easy to add in paints. So I ask again, what is the process for swapping out models and paints in MT?

I have also noticed that no one has mentioned that you can use UT2 and MTX5.4A together. I use MTX to cover airlines, cargo and military that UT2 does not. Best of both worlds. Both have there strength and weaknesses, so both are great in my book. But this method does come at a cost, long as you don't mind purchasing both.

That's the reason I keep asking the same question that is going unanswered. I'm not trying to promote UT2 over MT, I am trying to find out how MT works.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I will say this about UT2. The FPS hit is not bad. The planes look great. And it just works. But glad others like MT.

That all depends upon your system. On my Q9550 oc'ed to 3.4GHz, the frame rate hit is about 10-12 fps at 50% traffic settings sitting at KARR (Aurora), which is about 50 miles west of KORD (O'Hare).

Ernest Pergrem

Man i got people fired up over this....

Ok i prefer frame rate over having too much of a stutter when i go into a big hub. It has been my personal experience with UT2 and MyTraffic X that MTX performs better and thats what works for me. AI traffic is still the red headed stepchild of FSX as it is still the new kid on the block when it comes to visuals. I remember 5.1 and seeing that crude looking AI and when i see a MTX or UT model i smile inside knowing how far we have come. UT2 has features MTX dont. And i honestly dont care if my AI flys "real flight plans" along routes and such. Im too busy worrying about my plane and my route. Regardless of which product you choose, anything is better than default.

What got people 'fired up' Jason, was your provocative choice of words for the title of your post ;)

true...but i liked what i saw...but to be honest i havent seen UT2 models do the same. I remember it wasnt so long ago the holy grail of AI traffic was to get the AI to use 2 runways at big airports. I suppose now the holy grail is to get the little copilot models in the ai planes to wave at the person taking the screenshot as they are turning onto the runway. :lol:

why would you need to swap out paints when you have damn near every airline that flies in the package already?

UT2 is missing more airliner colour schemes than it really should do. Adding various WoAI airline packages into UT2 has made a HUGE difference to my airports.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorry but that My Trafic X E190 is terribly inferior to the freeware AIA E190, hideous in fact.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

UT2 is missing more airliner colour schemes than it really should do. Adding various WoAI airline packages into UT2 has made a HUGE difference to my airports.

Thats where i have my big issue with UT2. I shouldnt have to spend my time finding, downloading then installing extra paints to "complete" the experience. Especially for a product which at the time i paid 40 dollars for. I havent seen or felt the need to do that with MyTrafficX. i was happy with UT2 until i started flying in the caribbean, then i started seeing more Daedalus "no Paint" airlines than actual paints. I know you have the option to not show Daedalus, but thats a double whammy, because you lose the traffic also, and whats realistic about that?

Thats where i have my big issue with UT2. I shouldnt have to spend my time finding, downloading then installing extra paints to "complete" the experience. Especially for a product which at the time i paid 40 dollars for. I havent seen or felt the need to do that with MyTrafficX. i was happy with UT2 until i started flying in the caribbean, then i started seeing more Daedalus "no Paint" airlines than actual paints. I know you have the option to not show Daedalus, but thats a double whammy, because you lose the traffic also, and whats realistic about that?

And do a flight in Europe, Russia, Asia, and you're likely to see even more. That was my point above! I love the UT2 experience with models, but there are no repaints!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

For someone who has not seen the hideous models that keep getting referred to as they don't have My Traffic it might help to see some comparisons with UT2 otherwise it's pointless banging on that they are hideous.

I think there's plenty of readily available screenshots out there to draw your conclusion. Please refrain from loading this thread down with more screenshots!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules