Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Help with Carenado B58 repaint project

Hi all.

I'm doing a flame paint on a Baron 58. On the RIGHT engine (co-pilot side), there is a large square'ish box that has the name plates applied from two files; "Tinted.bmp" and "Winb58.bmp"... However, I can't match this box area with any of the spec, bump, or alpha channels from any file. It blocks that section of the engine nacelle... right over flames i want there.

Anyone know how I can get rid of that??

Pics:

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed - exceed 1600W

Hi

The texture sheet with the nacelle part that you are looking or is named CARexterior_E2.bmp, the section of the texture sheet below should show the location of it, and the spec, bump and alpha files will be the one for that texture sheet, I hope it is of some use.

Jim Hodkinson

Thanks Hodge and Gandy!! I think that's it!

And yea, I got dxtbmp..

Funny how something like that hides in plane sight!

Thanks again for the help. Why the f!%k they put that panel there is a mystery. I couldn't get ride of it, no matter what I did to all the alphas, specs, bmps, etc. So I spent hours moving the flames around until I matched it best I could (cutting/pasting original flames onto that section of the "mystery" panel in E2).

Finished:

2012972435970.jpg

I have seen worse things when doing repaints, and it is all part of the wonderfull world of repainting, such a relaxing part of flight simming.

Ji Hodkinson