Sign in to follow this  
freded

737NGX will not climb or achieve FMC settings

Mark ref your comment on the ISFD, are you flying the House livery for the tutorial as covered in the tutorial or some other installed livery?

And how have you got it set up in PMDG settings (equipment if I recall correctly) is the Capt's altimeter linked to the standby one or not?

Guest BeaverDriver

Mark, I think you need to have something like Photobucket host your images, then you link them in your post using the "Image" button. You may be doing that already, but just in case I thought I would mention it.

Have you changed any of the default settings via the FMC PMDG SETUP page, and as Jason asked, are you using the PMDG aircraft for this?

Try to get the screenshot thing figured out as that will really help. Depending on the options set or the aircraft you're using, you may not have a double de-rate capability on that airplane. It's been a while since I've done that tutorial, but maybe I'll load it tomorrow and have a look. Gotta be one little thing here that's different from the standard I suspect.

Do you have perhaps a hardware MCP? Sometimes I have the same and have to push VNAV off/on. Did not try that in the virtual cockpit.

Frans

Frans Dekker / IVAO SPP / AFR074

Jason,

Good point! I wasn't flying in PMDG House livery and when I changed to that, the ISFD changed to the same as the image in Tut 1. I wouldn't have expected that if you hadn't mentioned it Thanks!

In PMDG SETUP/OPTIONS/SIMULATION PAGE 1/3, I checked that SYNC CAPT AND STBY BARO is 'YES'; same for SYNC CAPT AND F/O BARO.

There are a heap of options there. I must check them out. ;-)

Regards,

Mark

Another go at pasting images (from ImageShack):-

fmcaftertakeoff02.th.jpg

mcpaftertakeoff02.th.jpg

These screenies were taken when flight was paused as mentioned in my post of yesterday at 2:36 PM

Mark

Those weren't big enough!

mcpaftertakeoff01.th.jpg

fmcaftertakeoff01.th.jpg

How do I make them appear larger?

PhotoBucket again...

ea5882ca.jpg

2b837c25.jpg

At last! Now if I can just remember what I did...

Mark

That is bad. At that attitude, you should be going right down at ground real fast. Something is seriously screwed up. You should probably reinstall and see what happens.

Could the attitude be related to the flaps setting?

Marc ter Heide

From your posts, I think you have a corrupted install. You should have a TO-2 option on the N1 page. Also, the 46000lbs of fuel still registering on the performance initialization page is how much fuel you have onboard.

I believe your problem is that the plane is overloaded even though it doesn't show it.

Can you please post a pic of your PERF INI page, your N1 page and T/O Ref page? Thanks.

'FlightWatch',

Here's the latest screenie from my next attempt:_

be98b8d6.jpg

And here are the shots of the FMC pages you asked for:-

37dc89c5.jpg

ad85eff5.jpg

ee800d0e.jpg

The Takeoff Ref page is not, of course, a shot of the setting before I started the flight. In fact I added Flaps 5 before taking this screenie to simulate the original. Trim was originally 5.04 and VR 142.

Hope you can tell what's going on from all this...

BTW, I did a complete uninstall/re-install yesterday, so can't think why it should be already 'corrupted'.

Mark

Are those your before takeoff shots? You should not select VNAV before takeoff... you should have an 'open' speed window, and manually select V2 for your speed before takeoff. It seems you are in VNAV stuck at your no flap 'bug up ' speed, and thats why you stay at around 200 kts.. you aren't getting out of tkof mode.

Based on what you have in your pics, set V2 speed manually, make sure VNAV button is not illuminated, hit the tkof / ga hotspot or button on top of throttles. You should see autothrottles set 90.9% N1 per your setup in your pictures. After takeoff, gear up. At 1000 AFL, hit the VNAV button and follow the pitch bars. When you get to the white carrot on the speed tape on the left side of the PFD, go from flaps 5 to flaps 1. At the pink 'carrot', raise flaps. Not sure about your internal PMDG setup, but the aircraft will probably command pitch to hold speed at around 200 (depending on weight), then at some reference alititude, probably 2500 ft, VNAV will command the speed bug to 250 knots, then follow the climb speed profile in your VNAV pages (CLB, CRU,DESC).

I could probably help you out pretty quickly on TS if you have that - I'm a current 737NG pilot.

Greg

You should not select VNAV before takeoff... you should have an 'open' speed window, and manually select V2 for your speed before takeoff.

You can't?

I'm a current 737NG pilot.

You are?

Matt Cee

Delete your FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini file and let it rebuild - this happens when something corrupts in there (we haven't determined exactly what yet). Assuming it fixes it, could you mail me the bad ini file too - rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You can't?

My mistake... I thought he implied from his last post that he was on the ground, and at a quick glance the MCP was wrong.