Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

My Traffic 2013 is NOT for FS9

The product description for MyTraffic 2013 is misleading. Not deliberately I'm sure but just to make clear to us all - MyTraffic 2013 is exclusively for FSX - the boxed version comes with a copy of MyTraffic 4.1 for FS9 which is available elsewhere as downloadable freeware. Quite a few FS9ers bought MT2013 and are now not happy about it so be warned

Ian

Thanks for the heads up. It is a good reminder to read closely before buying and check with others.

The product description for MyTraffic 2013 is misleading. Not deliberately I'm sure but just to make clear to us all - MyTraffic 2013 is exclusively for FSX - the boxed version comes with a copy of MyTraffic 4.1 for FS9 which is available elsewhere as downloadable freeware. Quite a few FS9ers bought MT2013 and are now not happy about it so be warned

Ian

I find it very friendly and loyal of you to inform about this. I was fortuned though to find out about this (by searching here, there and everywhere) before I drew my credit card.

It would be nice also to use FS fora in order to inform each other more about such things in general.

I beleive that it would have a positive effect on the vendors in making more descriptive product information and perhaps also reduce the numbers of "crooks" out there.

Carl

Where did you buy it from? I see it fairly clearly stated both on Aerosoft and simmarket that it is for FSX.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I didn't buy it because I had some doubts and checked out the Aerosoft forum first. There were numerous complaints. Aerosoft have since responded to the complaints and have amended the product description, though the last I looked at it there was still a statement that it was for FSX and FS2004.

I just want everyone to be clear that I don't think for a second that Aerosoft are being deliberately misleading. I have enormous respect for them and am certain they would never do anything deliberately "crooked." It was probably an error compounded by the fact that for most of the Aerosoft employees, English is a second language. But I did want my FS9 friends to have a "heads up" to save them the hassle of trying to figure out if it was for FS9 or not

Ian

don't think for a second that Aerosoft are being deliberately misleading. I have enormous respect for them and am certain they would never do anything deliberately "crooked."

Sorry Ian that I kind of escalated your initial post.

I never meant to say that Aerosoft deliberately made a misleading text to their advertisement in a "crooked" way. But it happens now and then with advertisements in general whether it's SimMarket or other sites, that information texts are misleading and worse; in between there certainly are some unserious providors of FS addons out there. Then it's very OK that the potential customers learn about this before any credit cards are "drawn".

That's about what I wanted to bring out, but again, like Aerosoft, neither is my mother language English.....

Regards,

Carl

Not a problem Carl - I truly didn't take what you said in a negative way. And your English is a LOT better than my German, French or Hebrew - all languages I studied once and am now totally incompetent in! LOL

Take care

Ian

I like the language in Flight1's ads. There is usually a link provided for each FS version if not packaged together especially downloads that lead to another product description of features are different. It is also reinforced in the system requirements section (but let's not talk about RAM and clock speed).

I don't think for a second that Aerosoft are being deliberately misleading. I have enormous respect for them and am certain they would never do anything deliberately "crooked."

Nevertheless, a mislreading statement is still a misleading statement and anyone that makes one must accept responsibility for it - especially a commercial organisation.

I looked into the gift and it say's it is for both FS9 and Or FSX??. Anyway I dumped it as the resolution and paint jobs are nowhere near WOA1 stuff.

I'm locking this before it gets out of hand.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10