Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

I Just Installed P3D

How is autogen different than FSX?

it just looks more better, i can't put it in words......you have to see it in order to believe it. I kept watching youtube videos of p3d and wasn't too impressed but when i decided to buy it, version 1.4 blew me away. I have fsx and p3d installed on the same HDD and p3d just looks more amazing and runs super smooth with no stutters or crashes yet! P3D is a more improved FSX with Lockheed Martin supporting it in 2012 and beyond. I have been clicking menus like a madman in mid-flight for the past few hours with Netflix and Explorer running in the background and all is smooth in p3d.

Gonna grab a new HDD this weekend and give it a go you've all piqued my curiosity.

does it still lack the free flight setup page like it did in the last version? or have they finally incorporated it?

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Another user just posted that they had an OOM and their specs were more than adequate. Absolutely disgusting that this is still 32bit software. I'm disgusted. Hopefully V2 will be 64bit? Not sure if they've talked about it at all.

Whats your LOD and Global texture resolution set at? Computer specs? What aircraft? FYI, Iv flown 1/2 way around the world, 100's of hrs, with addon ground and enviroment textures. LOD 4.5 and havnt had one ounce of glitches, oom's g3d errors etc.. You have HighMemfix=1 in you Prepar3D.cfg?

Another user just posted that they had an OOM and their specs were more than adequate. Absolutely disgusting that this is still 32bit software. I'm disgusted. Hopefully V2 will be 64bit? Not sure if they've talked about it at all.

Xplane10 will be updated to 64bit soon :yahoo:

Prepar3D and ESP already have HIGHMEMFIX incorporated.

If that were the case, why is it mentioned as a tweak in their Learning Center tuning guide?

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

"Non-default entry. This entry will not exist in your prepar3D.cfg by default and must be added."

Performance tuning tip.

"HIGHMEMFIX Fixes errors with texture addressing modes in Windowes Display Driver Model 1.0 and 1.1 when Prepar3d is using a lot of video memory"

If that were the case, why is it mentioned as a tweak in their Learning Center tuning guide?

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

"Non-default entry. This entry will not exist in your prepar3D.cfg by default and must be added."

Performance tuning tip.

"HIGHMEMFIX Fixes errors with texture addressing modes in Windowes Display Driver Model 1.0 and 1.1 when Prepar3d is using a lot of video memory"

It's mentioned somewhere that ESP already has the HIGHMEMFIX, so Prepar3D should already have it too.

However, that might be wrong since the learning center says that.

Been using P3D for 6mo flown 100's of hours and have always had the HighMemFix as one of my three cfg tweaks and have NEVER seen an OOM error. It certainly wont hurt anything.

Whats the difference with the 3 version they offer? Which one should we Flight Sim people get?

Whats the difference with the 3 version they offer? Which one should we Flight Sim people get?

Academic if you are planing on using it normally at home. Professional if you want to use it commercially.

Academic if you are planing on using it normally at home. Professional if you want to use it commercially.

Great thanks!!

I have heard a lot about PREPAR3D in the past and thought about downloading it. The only issue I have is the installer. From what I understand is that it comes with files that you have to copy and paste. Correct me if I am wrong. I fly the PMDG 747-400X and the PMDG 737NGX. What dose it take to get their planes to work with this new system? My computer is: i7 - 2600 - 2-NVIDEA running sli with 3GB Video Ram per card. 10,000 RPM HD. Currently I am running FSX and getting real good frame rates depending on what plane I am flying. With the PMDG planes I am getting in the 30 FPS. Any information on the installer for the PREPAR3D would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have heard a lot about PREPAR3D in the past and thought about downloading it. The only issue I have is the installer. From what I understand is that it comes with files that you have to copy and paste. Correct me if I am wrong. I fly the PMDG 747-400X and the PMDG 737NGX. What dose it take to get their planes to work with this new system? My computer is: i7 - 2600 - 2-NVIDEA running sli with 3GB Video Ram per card. 10,000 RPM HD. Currently I am running FSX and getting real good frame rates depending on what plane I am flying. With the PMDG planes I am getting in the 30 FPS. Any information on the installer for the PREPAR3D would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Actually its quite simple: make the purchase, download 3 zip files, unpack them into one folder, run the prepar3d installer. You are given the option of installing it wherever you wish. I can't answer your questions pertaining to PMDG as I don't own them.

Good luck,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.