Sign in to follow this  
FlyCathay

GE90 startup sound

I have been looking at 777 on Youtube while patiently waiting for the release of 777. Truly hope we will hear this beast in FSX soon,

Danny F

I'm just going to sit around the BA maintenance hangars at LHR and start them up over and over, with the bass full on my beats! :LMAO: :Love:

I have been looking at 777 on Youtube while patiently waiting for the release of 777. Truly hope we will hear this beast in FSX soon,

I like :) Took a while for this plane to taxi after both engines were started.

Harry Sung

Just the sight of those Russians makes me want to go hide :ph34r:

I love the Tupolev 154s! Quite fun to fly on one, though they are increasingly being phased out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Sadly, most of the low frequencies of that 777 video are being chopped out by the audio compression. When I worked ramp at IAD, you could be an eighth of a mile away and still feel it because of the low frequencies present. I used to be able to very clearly identify a 777 start by the bass note even farther away at my apartment (about 1.5 miles from the ramp). It's very distinct and bass-y.

I can't wait for all of the YouTube scholars to appear after the release and run off on some rant about how "it doesn't sound right."

Kyle Rodgers

I can't wait for all of the YouTube scholars to appear after the release and run off on some rant about how "it doesn't sound right."

:LMAO:

Hey Kyle, your definitely right about the low bass associated with the engine start up. I do weight&balance on the 77W and I can tell the exact moment the aircraft starts either of its engines, and I'm buried deep in the offices of the terminal!