Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

For you frequent NGX flyers, engine bleeds

Short and simple. What's the command for those? I couldn't trigger much with 'engine bleeds' or something in a sentence.

My case is that the packs are on the APU after TO, the egine bleeds are off. So I want to turn the APU bleed off, the engine bleeds on and later turn the APU off completely.

You know, like this.

No Engine Bleed Takeoff and Landing

When making a no engine bleed takeoff or landing with the APU

operating

Takeoff

Right PACK switch ....................................................................... AUTO

ISOLATION VALVE switch ....................................................... CLOSE

Left PACK switch ......................................................................... AUTO

Engine No. 1 BLEED air switch .......................................................OFF

APU BLEED air switch ..................................................................... ON

Engine No. 2 BLEED air switch .......................................................OFF

[737-800/-900]

Trim Air Switch ................................................................................. ON

WING ANTI-ICE switch ..................................................................OFF

After Takeoff

Engine No. 2 BLEED air switch ........................................................ ON

APU BLEED air switch ....................................................................OFF

When CABIN rate of CLIMB indicator stabilizes:

Engine No. 1 BLEED air switch ................................................... ON

ISOLATION VALVE switch ................................................... AUTO

Or this, which is more common for me so far.

Unpressurized Takeoff and Landing

inoperative:

Takeoff

PACK switches ..............................................................................AUTO

ISOLATION VALVE switch ....................................................... CLOSE

Engine BLEED air switches ............................................................. OFF

After Takeoff

At not less than 400 feet, and prior to 2000 feet above field elevation:

Engine No. 2 BLEED air switch ................................................... ON

Engine No. 1 BLEED air switch ................................................... ON

ISOLATION VALVE switch ....................................................AUTO

Lol, I feel so stupid, I've just tried and it worked.

'Engine bleed one off' :blush:

But turning it on doesn't work. He's says it's already on, but it's off. Ok, altering the command later worked, but I had some attempts with that 'it's already on' reply with the bleed actually being off.

Very very easy.

Are you using Dan's scripts from the avsim library? You can just modify those and achieve what you want.

As for the command, it is very intuitive, just think aloud... Try "engine one bleed air on" and "engine two bleed air off" or "apu generator on/off" or "apu bleed air on/off"

Ah, those commands work better. Thanks, Will. I had some mix up in between :unsure: , he understood anti-ice or something. I will stick to your suggestions, those work good.

Will, is there a way to just retract/turn off only the retractable landing lights with a voice command?

Yup, "landing lights off" will do it

Yes, he turns them off, but all of them. I just want to bring in the retractable ones.

Hadnt noticed the difference...LOL... Are you trying to save on light bulbs???

I am sure if you ask support they can add a command to differentiate.

But you are probably the first person to see it!

^_^ Hard times indeed, saving some light. Well, I was just living the tip from here. http://www.b737.org.uk/aircraft_general.htm On the load on the hinges. But I doubt that anything bad will happen when I leave the lights extended even when going faster (if ATC cleared me).

Not a vital detail, I just thought maybe the fancy PMDG SDK would allow for a separate command. On other planes, they are all bound to that single 'landing lights' one by design.

cp

before mce, i had set up fsuipc macros to switch retractables separate to fixed !

now with mce, i use voxkey/s to command the macro thru the same keys.

for now, cheers

john martin

For the voice commands, try looking at the NGX MCE flow, you will see the commands the first officer is supposed to perform.

They are actual commands you can tell him by voice and he will perform if you dont want to use the script flows.

before mce, i had set up fsuipc macros to switch retractables separate to fixed !

now with mce, i use voxkey/s to command the macro thru the same keys.

I see, so there seems to be a certain command. Nice to know, thanks. I may do as Will suggested and ask the FS++ devs.

Short and simple. What's the command for those? I couldn't trigger much with 'engine bleeds' or something in a sentence.

My case is that the packs are on the APU after TO, the egine bleeds are off. So I want to turn the APU bleed off, the engine bleeds on and later turn the APU off completely.

You know, like this.

No Engine Bleed Takeoff and Landing

operating

Takeoff

Right PACK switch ....................................................................... AUTO

Left PACK switch ......................................................................... AUTO

Engine No. 1 BLEED air switch .......................................................OFF

APU BLEED air switch ..................................................................... ON

Engine No. 2 BLEED air switch .......................................................OFF

[737-800/-900]

Trim Air Switch ................................................................................. ON

WING ANTI-ICE switch ..................................................................OFF

After Takeoff

Engine No. 2 BLEED air switch ........................................................ ON

APU BLEED air switch ....................................................................OFF

ISOLATION VALVE switch ................................................... AUTO

Or this, which is more common for me so far.

Unpressurized Takeoff and Landing

inoperative:

Takeoff

PACK switches ..............................................................................AUTO

Engine BLEED air switches ............................................................. OFF

After Takeoff

At not less than 400 feet, and prior to 2000 feet above field elevation:

Engine No. 2 BLEED air switch ................................................... ON

ISOLATION VALVE switch ....................................................AUTO

Lol, I feel so stupid, I've just tried and it worked.

'Engine bleed one off' :blush:

But turning it on doesn't work. He's says it's already on, but it's off. Ok, altering the command later worked, but I had some attempts with that 'it's already on' reply with the bleed actually being off.

This is a good example where the use of VoxScript is better than uttering individual commands.

Create a new script, give it a name, which will be the actual voice command to trigger it.

Example: "Configure aircon panel for bleeds off takeoff" (It could be any other voice command you are comfortable with).

Let’s say you have loaded the 600 or 700 variant, and you want the FO to execute the script for that aircraft only...

Edit the script to add what FO will do.

Pack two off

Isolation valve off

Pack one off

Engine one bleed off

Apu bleed on

Engine two bleed off

Save the script.

That’s it.

Restart MCE, and you should be able to just say, "Configure aircon panel for bleeds off takeoff" (or whatever sentence you have choosen), and presto, things happen.

Now to use the same script under the NGX 800 or 900

Import the previous script. That will make a copy of the same script as the one for 600-700, but this one will be used with 800-900.

Edit the imported script to add

Trim air switch on

Wing anti-ice off

Save the script.

Now you can do the same for the after takeoff drill.

Create another script, "restore aircon panel"

….

You could also trigger the same scripts using different custom voice commands (to get as close as possible to natural speech). Just clone a particular script and give it the new voice command. Example "Configure aircon for bleeds off takeoff" without the word "Panel" in the middle.

As you can see, we’re not talking computer programming here. VoxScript, unlike what the name suggests, simply involves writing a sequence of existing voice commands (which can be found in the 737 NGX specific document). And you get total control. Can even handle emergency procedures that way.

I see, so there seems to be a certain command. Nice to know, thanks. I may do as Will suggested and ask the FS++ devs.

cp

to clarify (& because i couldn't find a relevant command), for the lights you can / need to make your own command via voxkey !!

voxscript can only use mce commands !

for me, this use of voxkey is a huge plus of mce .... you can with fsuipc design unique keys you command by voice without touching a keyboard, even your options for the bleeds (as long as you can write a macro in fsuipc - some planes like cs's & qw's aren't as able in this as pmdg's)

for now, cheers

john martin

Thanks guys. I think this just shows how flexible and versatile MCE is, right?