Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

active camera settings

Hello all,

Is there a manual for setting up active camera. I am really only interested in the turbulence(ground and air), runway and taxi roughness and head latency at this stage. I have downloaded the demo, set those figures from 0.60 up to 1.50 with no discernible difference to FS9 at all. The good thing is that when I leave Seattle area I am advised that Active camera is now INactive camera and I don't see any difference LOL.

I am probably doing something wrong but I have no idea what and so far the only help I can see is a review on the product.

Any help???

TonyC

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

As I recall, the demo version of Active Camera does not work outside of the Seattle area. It's designed that way.

Chuck B. and Appliance,

Thanks so much for your input guys.

Chuck B ... I am in Demo mode and in the Seattle area (KSEA) doing circuits and bumps in my Macchi MB326. There is absolutely NO difference between FS9.1 and FS9.1 with Active Camera. There is absolutely no runway or taxiway rattle, roll. shake or buffeting. I have not registered AC at this time. I found the Manual and have followed the installation procedure. At this time I am only interested in the runway/taxiway/turbulence and head latency effects ... the rest will come later.

Alliance ... I checked out that site and it is already covered basically in the manual. I did however, try lots of different settings in the head latency and turbulence etc areas during taxi and takeoffs using pause to do the changes. Again, absolutely no differences. I uninstalled it all, rebooted and reinstalled with exactly the same results.

I noticed many references to Virtual cockpit and I use cockpit as the main display. I changed that to VC and again, no effects noticed.

Just for your further information, my monitor layout is as follows:

From the left ... Mon 1 VC left view, Mon 2 VC left forward, Mon 3 cockpit, Mon 4 VC right forward, Mon 5 VC right, Mon 6(under Mon 2) Plan G, Mon 7 (under Mon 3) Instruments - GPS ATC THROTTLE etc, Monitor 8 Descent calculator runway set up etc.

I mention this because I feel that maybe AC may not support multiple monitors. I did try using just 1 monitor in VC mode but with all the other monitors still connected and again no difference.

I also have configured F5 as toggle head latency, F6 as toggle ground turbulence, F7 as toggle buffeting, F8 as toggle flyby and F9 as toggle Approach view, Even those keys do not do anything. I have to admit that somewhere along the line I must have done something wrong but I have no idea just what that is.

I hope the above info helps and any further ideas????

TonyC

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I don't know why you couldn't make it work while using a single monitor in vc mode. But I think that having one monitor in 'cockpit' mode will stop it from working even if it's only one of 8 monitors. I think you only get shaking and head latency effects in vc mode. When one monitor is in cockpit view I think that becomes your 'main' view mode.

pff is correct, it will only work if your main screen is in VC mode and you will only see it on the main VC screen...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hello all,

Thank you very much for that information guys. A great pity but only because I much prefer the "cockpit" main screen even with its drawbacks.

You have been a great help and I do appreciate it.

TonyC

Tony Chilcott.

pff is correct, it will only work if your main screen is in VC mode and you will only see it on the main VC screen...

Massively great to see you, Paul. So glad the "forces of evil" couldn't completely keep down!

As an added question, has anyone requested an unlocking key from Active Camera recently?

I sent two e-mail requests, one two days ago and the other yesterday, and have had no responses. They are usually very prompt with their replies.

Massively great to see you, Paul. So glad the "forces of evil" couldn't completely keep down!

Thanks Chuck! Was down in your neck of the woods today, the AMA pro motorcycle races were in Millville so rode right through South Jersey...

Hope you are well!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi, spinning off this topic a little, I really want to take advantage of the landing views, wrote to anticyclone with no response so wondered if anyone could give me a breakdown on the step by step process of setting up the active camera to watch the approach and land, read some instructions on the internet a step guide would be most appreciated two I read said land the plane and stop another at 200ft set up the view so i'm a little confused on the order of stages to use this great facility

Any advice most appreciated

Richard Coombs (Nagoya)

Any advice most appreciated

Richard the link above gives a perfectly lucid explanation of the approach (and other) views/features.

The link at the top gives no instructions on setting up Approach View only that it is one of the features, hence my request for a more lucid step by step explanation. anyway thanks for your contribution

Richard

Richard were you to click on the Approach View heading in the original link this would result:

http://www.anticyclo...roach_View.html

EDIT: That link works perfectly for me but maybe not for you, so I quote from it as follows:-

"APPROACH VIEW

You can ask Active Camera 2004 to project the virtual camera on the ground along the current track flown by the aircraft (Approach View). Above the defined camera transition altitude Active Camera 2004 tracks the aircraft continuously in Fly-By mode. After setting the position of the observer camera Active Camera 2004 computes the estimated touchdown point and the virtual camera movement along the ground is frozen. It simulates the position of the observer (spotter). This view is useful if you are playing a recorded flight video. (your FS2004 directory – Options – Flight Video).

Photo not copied

Above the defined camera transition altitude the fly-by mode is always active

Photo not copied

At defined camera transition altitude the observer view is automatically switched on. The virtual camera tracks the airplane until the end of the video or replay

Photo not copied

Principles of the Approach view :

In Approach view, the module computes a target touchdown point. Thanks to the point and click function simply point the mouse cursor on the scenery window. Press SHIFT and click on the right mouse button. You have set the position of the spotter camera. You must be in virtual cockpit mode.

Photo not copied

Point and click function of Active Camera :

You are in approach

Photo not copied

Point the mouse cursor on the scenery window. Press SHIFT and click on the right mouse button. You have defined the position of the spotter camera. You must be in virtual cockpit mode to do this.

Photo not copied

During the Instant Replay you can observe the aircraft

Photo not copied

During the Instant Replay you can even change the position of the camera (in real time) with SHIFT + right mouse button. Note you can also change the height of the observer camera (parameter “Vertical offset” in the setup menu)"

Hope that helps.

Hi thank you very much, my main problem was at what point do we start-up the instant replay and at 200ft we then set our approach view i understand and at this point in Virtual Cockpit I read that we then press Control + F6 to switch on approach view, so is all of this done while

pausing the simulator bout 200ft ie:

1 Pause sim at 200ft.

2. In virtual camera Press Control +F6 and check box to switch on approach view

3 click on the approach view required

4. start-up instant replay 60secs with repeat checked

5. un pause

I believe this is what I should be aiming at, please could you tell me if I have made any omissions, sorry to be a little slow at this!

think this was my problem the correct sequencing order

Many thanks again for your kind support

Richard