Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Cant find the fsinsider.dll

using the demo, fsx can not find the fsinder.dll, it is in fsx directory, im using W7 and have UAC off, I did notice that it is not in the trusted section of my fsx cfg file, deleted and built a new one and still nothing.

Hmmm, is there an mce dll folder in your fsx folder??

Mce does not modify any files, folders or configs. If the demo is not working try reinstalling mce and make sure you accept the messages you get when you start fsx.

If it still doesnt work just send an email to support and they will help you out, even if it is just the demo, they are usually very quick.

using the demo, fsx can not find the fsinder.dll, it is in fsx directory, im using W7 and have UAC off, I did notice that it is not in the trusted section of my fsx cfg file, deleted and built a new one and still nothing.

Hi,

Make sure Windows 7 or Vista UAC is disabled.

To make sure installation is OK...

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings. Answer "Yes" when prompted.

Next time you start MCE, you'll have to go through the application wizard. Please do so, but may skip the speech training bit if you have reasons to believe recognition works well for you.

That should get the "dll.xml" file edited to include the reference to fsInsider.dll.

Needless to say, when you receive the prompt to authorize fsInsider.dll to run inside the FSX process, you should click "Run".

Should get you going.

Hi,

Make sure Windows 7 or Vista UAC is disabled.

To make sure installation is OK...

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings. Answer "Yes" when prompted.

Next time you start MCE, you'll have to go through the application wizard. Please do so, but may skip the speech training bit if you have reasons to believe recognition works well for you.

That should get the "dll.xml" file edited to include the reference to fsInsider.dll.

Needless to say, when you receive the prompt to authorize fsInsider.dll to run inside the FSX process, you should click "Run".

Should get you going.

Well I finally got that sorted out, thanks, now it keeps asking me of my rc4 path, (its on my other pc) so I select the proper path acroos the network, but the same window keeps poping up over and over again asking for it. I followed the instructions in the manual about editing the mce ini file, looks like my demo time will expire before I get this up and running. :)

Have a chat to support, i believe they can extend the demo.

My demo run out before i got anything working so i bought it sight unseen, had no idea i could request an extension!

Well I finally got that sorted out, thanks, now it keeps asking me of my rc4 path, (its on my other pc) so I select the proper path acroos the network, but the same window keeps poping up over and over again asking for it. I followed the instructions in the manual about editing the mce ini file, looks like my demo time will expire before I get this up and running. :)

Make sure you edit "mce.ini" in your user path, and not the file in MCE installation folder

C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\MUlti Crew Experience\mce.ini

Look at the [ATC] section, and make sure both

UseRadarContact=1

IgnoreRC4Registry=1

Also check the file mce.ini isn't somewhat locked in read-only mode.

Normally you'll get prompted for the RC4 network path once. The path will then be written to the mce.ini

Eventually contact support, and we'll get you sorted.

Contact support via email and ask for an extension, see how you go, they are very good.

Contact support via email and ask for an extension, see how you go, they are very good.

Thanks Will, I'll give that a shot.