Hi All,

I thought I posted this yesterday and if it's a double post I apologize. I am currently running a system with a Core i7 860 @ 3.6 GHz. I am considering building a new system within the next 6 months around an i5 3570 k.

I will probably get an Nvidia based 660 Ti to replace my ancient 250 GTS.

Will I see and improvement in the meantime if I use the card in my current system ?

Thanks

As long as you run high enough settings - yes. Even in the FSXMark 11 CPU test I saw a sizeable difference in performance on my 3770k system going from an 8800 GTS 512 (essentially a GTS 250 but clocked slightly lower) to a GTX 680.

Absolutely without a doubt. With that new system, you'll want to upgrade that aged 250. The 660 would compliment that processor nicely and allow for some great visuals without much performance hit. Otherwise, you'll be stuck with low anti-aliasing settings and performance hits in high-def clouds.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Well I may have to settle for a lesser card or just wait. EVGA recommends 24A on the 12V power rail.

I have a Corsair HX 620 W modular P/S with a combined 50A on +12V rails.

Do you think that is sufficient?

Well I may have to settle for a lesser card or just wait. EVGA recommends 24A on the 12V power rail.

I have a Corsair HX 620 W modular P/S with a combined 50A on +12V rails.

Do you think that is sufficient?

50 > 24. Yes, it will be sufficient.

Yes you will see a good improvement replacing the 250 GTS.

I also have the i7 860 and saw a lot of improvement in FPS outside the most CPU intensive areas when I replaced my 8800GTS512 with a GTX470. That's even without using any additional AA through inspector.