Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

DX9 Textures at Victoria!

I thought I had only FSX textures on my system but just found DX9 textures at Victoria BC. Forgot I had the Victoria addon installed. Looks like I'm going to have to activate and install my Addon_Converter afterall!

Best regards,

Jim

1232012_9_Victoria.jpg

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is that DonG's Victoria, Jim? I don't have that great big ugly Globemaster (or whatever it's called!) That scruffy-looking hangar, either. That's how buildings are, aren't they. I like them to be aged, and the OrbX guys do a terrific job of their buildings.

Cheers,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Is that DonG's Victoria, Jim?

Yes Paul. CYYJ 2011 (v.5.05). It comes with several traffic.bgl's so I could disable those but the hangar looks like it's missing textures too. Don't see an issue on the other side of the airport. The product has an update checker and I just checked and it says I have the latest installed. I was looking at the folder and it has compatibility files, one for ORBX PNW, one for default FSX, etc. I don't think I enabled those! Looks like I'm going to have to RTM! Ugh! LOL

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had trouble with some of the static Helicopters staying with blank textures.

Ran with and without Addon Converter and made no difference.

I presume these were very old textures that he has reused over many variations of his great scenery.

Newer Fs9 ones seem to convert ok.

Trevor Golding

Well I did some checking and that C-141 (?) is not suppose to be parked there. It's sitting on top of the helo landing zones. I don't see it listed as an AI or static aircraft for this scenery so another program is interfering (I suspect MyTrafficX AFCAD)(well, no, just checked and it's not that). Oh well! I don't want to get off topic here. Just wanted to show off the fact I did find some old fs9 aircraft in DX10 mode.

Thanks Trevor for your info. Some of the helicopters on the other side of the C-141 have textures, just a couple are without. The aircraft in the texture folder are all .dds which means they are FSX compatible.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Yeah - thanks, Trevor: I have it pushed to the top, and have no issues with the buildings. Version 505. Some are a bit "flat-ish", lacking in texture detail, but no incompatabilities such as the blue "boxes" at PDX. The aircraft are another story, though. I (think)

I have killed all of the flying club traffic, as the ones at the northerly park (maybe six aircraft) were blankety-blank - very old aircraft, lacking cockpit glass - even in DX9, but the other stuff is ok. I get the Coastguard helis, and a nice yellow Buffalo, plus the commercial aircraft.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

am i late to this party...my fsx home field is Port Angeles, and i fly into Victoria all the time...whats this Victoria airport scenery and do you have links?

Nope, party is still on. :P

CYYJ by Don Grovestine, do a search in the FSX scenery files.

There is a few CYYJ_505_1 CYYJ_505_2 and a Patch-505_2

Trevor Golding

...and it is compatible with the Orbx PNW...

Nope, party is still on. :P

CYYJ by Don Grovestine, do a search in the FSX scenery files.

There is a few CYYJ_505_1 CYYJ_505_2 and a Patch-505_2

Ok i installed the scenery CYYJ_505_1

I cannot find the other two files on avsim

I did a quick flyin to the airport and it does look great and with no apparent hit to fps. But i think i need the other two files

Ok i installed the scenery CYYJ_505_1

I cannot find the other two files on avsim

I did a quick flyin to the airport and it does look great and with no apparent hit to fps. But i think i need the other two files

Hello

Apparently all previous patches were included in the file:

Victoria International Airport CYYJ (2011) - Version 5.05-1

BTW: Here is a new version: Version 5.05-2 by Don Grovestine

Cheers

Yes, I downloaded the latest 5.50-2 last week. Have yet to install it to see if it fixed any of the FS9 textures. I deleted much of the military.bgl's and museum bgl's and the Cessna's and all my FS9 stuff is gone and everything looks great. Sometime this year I'll get the update installed....

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM