Sign in to follow this  
angelekesabe

B 787

Hi all,

I was wondering if PMDG would release a B787 simulation like 737ngx, b747, b777, etc.. in the future? I know they are busy with the B777 right now, but anyone knows if that's a "acheavable" project?

Thanks in advance..

Ângelo Laranjeira

Most information on the 787 is speculative. There are very few units delivered and very few hours on the fleet. Conversely, the 737 NG and the 777 have lots of flight hours and lots of pilots with thousands of hours racked up in each bird. The result is the PMDG can use input from real world pilots to design a simulation that flys like the real bird, quirks and all. An example is that without such a pool of experience, PMDG would not have been able to simulate how a 737-700 is harder to slow down than a 737-800. Little quirks make all the differnece in a quality simulation.

in the future?

In the future is the key. They can, eventually.

Question is, if it is feasible in 2014, 16? 2020? Only PMDG knows, if even that.

787 has still got to grow on me massively.

Oh god,,

Ask in 2 years, but the 787 will most probably be made from PMDG

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Will be a good one from Qualitywings before to long. Won't be PMDG standards systems wise but will be excellent none the less.

Will be a good one from Qualitywings before to long. Won't be PMDG standards systems wise but will be excellent none the less.

Wouldn't count on that, I saw on their facebook they said something along the lines of it won't be out till later next year or so. If it's a dummy version like the 757 then no way I'll get it. Shame their 757 is the way it is or I'd fly it!

They specifically said it will be on par with or surpass the systems on the BAE which is a fantastic addon. So yes not only am I counting on it I'm most definitley positive it will be a fantastic addon.

If anyone could do the B787 properly, it would be PMDG. But there probably isn't enough data available on the aircraft yet and what is known, I doubt Boeing would share with anyone - especially a flight simulation company. At least not for a fair length of time. Just guessing.

Shame their 757 is the way it is or I'd fly it!

I would buy it and use it first before making comments like that. Don't rely on someone's crappy YouTube video to make a decision on a purchase.

I would buy it and use it first before making comments like that. Don't rely on someone's crappy YouTube video to make a decision on a purchase.

Don't just assume that I haven't even tried it. I own it thanks!

737.. 747 and the 777, only birds I need to fly every distance route :)

Also the fact pmdg use real life pilots who are type rated on an aircraft with lots of experaince to help in development, finding a 787 pilot to help in development would be a project in itself

At the moment I will be happy enough simply to be able to fly it RL as a passenger...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Don't just assume that I haven't even tried it. I own it thanks!

I meant that in a good way, Luke. I saw your My Simulator and it wasn't listed.

Edited by linux731