Sign in to follow this  
Broseph

Aquiring extremely hard to find Aircraft

Now please do not look at me wrong or come at me with pitchforks and fire about this post. Im not doing anything of the sort but just a inquistive question. Im a noob here at AVSIM but not new to FS.

Torrents. Yes I know its illegal and its stealing. But it could be used to locate and aquire payware aircraft from companies that went under and no longer can be gotten ahold of.... One fine example, FFS Saab 340B. Would then that be stealing ?

Just a thought

On the Saab 340 tho by FFS

I've tried everywhere. I can't even find any type of contact information.

The only places that seem to have it are the torrent sites.

Im really wanting this piece of abandonware. Help please

Technically that's still stealing. Imagine if your local computer store went bankrupt, you wouldn't then go in and get all the computers for free, would you?

Wiebe

It's a tricky question. In terms if the FFS Saab, the real question is whether or not it is truly abondonware. I suppose the only person who could definitively answer that would be the IP holder.

As far as torrents are concerned I would avoid them, otherwise your ISP could throttle your connection, send you a nasty letters or come to your house and beat you with a stick.

I would try to track down someone who developed it, or just let it go.

Technically that's still stealing. Imagine if your local computer store went bankrupt, you wouldn't then go in and get all the computers for free, would you?

Wiebe

Sheesh... def take a stab at the noob. I wasnt born yesterday. I know what theft is !

I was looking for a smarter answer. Software and hardware are handled differently.... look up data laws

It's a tricky question. In terms if the FFS Saab, the real question is whether or not it is truly abondonware. I suppose the only person who could definitively answer that would be the IP holder.

As far as torrents are concerned I would avoid them, otherwise your ISP could throttle your connection, send you a nasty letters or come to your house and beat you with a stick.

I would try to track down someone who developed it, or just let it go.

Thank you. I've been hunting down so far.

If FFS did not rewrite the EULA specifying the product as freeware and free to distribute before they took their toys and went home. Then it is simple, for someone to distribute it without their permission (isn't going to happen) is illegal. To get it by any means and use it without paying FFS (can't be done) is illegal. As Todd said, the only hope, for having it and using it legally is to track down whom ever owns the rights to the software. Sorry if my post is redundant.

Regards,

Mel

Downloading the FFS Saab illegally would be... illegal. You seem to already know the answer to your question. Rather or not it's abandon-ware makes no difference. The EULA forbids it.

The software in question is "discontinued", but the copyright was never officially revoked. Rather or not the dissolved company is enforcing copyright is of no matter here. Topic locked! Good luck.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules