Sign in to follow this  
Taipan

Interactive Checklist for Quality Wings Bae Avro 146 RJ

I'm absolutely loving this plane, so I had to get some crew to join me. I know it's not fully supported yet, but with an F/O helping me out by managing checklists the experience is MUCH improved thanks to MCE.

This took a long time to put together but it's all been worth it now I'm flying. I'm able to complete flights without referring to the manual or any other checklists etc, it seems to be working quite well now so that I'm happy to share it now.

If anyone else would like to use it, and is successful over a few flights I will try and upload it to the AVSIM library.

If any problems let me know and I might update it.

If anyone wants to make a sexy printable version for me, please do :)

Download the checklists here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29331868/_BAE_146-AVRO_RJ_CHECK.zip

Instructions/notes included in the readme.

I've done the paper checklist PDF now, original link updated

Nice one. Have dabbled with it and now thanks for the pdf too : )

Kind Regards

Simon.

I updated the initial link, it's much more streamlined now and easier to handle after takeoff and the high workload parts of flight.

Used for the first time yesterday - thanks Dan, works great.

Only "issue" I noticed is probably outside what you can do with the script - the FO was whining about a "flaps problem" as soon as I lowered them (just to 18). I think he either can't read the setting or is expecting something more typical like flaps 1, not flaps 18 as the first setting.

Presumably we'll get this fixed when "official" support arrives, hopefully sometime in Q1.

Best,

Rowland

Rowland Archer

Simmer since SubLogic on a TRS-80 ("are those mountains or a runway?")

My System Specs: i2600 Sandy Bridge OC 4.2 GHz | 8 Gig Ram | MS WIN7 64 Bit | MSI NVidia GeForce GTX460 768MB RAM | Galaxy GT430 1GB RAM | Matrox TH2GO | 6 LCD Screens | 1 Projector | Lumber

Cool stuff.

On the FO checks, I turned them off because it's an unsupported plane (in the ini). But maybe after it's supported I might turn them back on.

I'll be converting this into flows + checks when support is developed, it will be a fun plane with an FO and easy to handle some really short fast routes.

If anyone wants to make a sexy printable version for me, please do :)

I have made a printable checklist booklet for the Avro series if you're interested. All the information is from the QW manual. It has all the checklists, two blank pages for extra notes you want to add and the speed placards on the back-cover. When printed and folded, it becomes a handy A5 booklet. If anyone wants it I'll upload it to avsim, just let me know.

I have made a printable checklist booklet for the Avro series if you're interested. All the information is from the QW manual. It has all the checklists, two blank pages for extra notes you want to add and the speed placards on the back-cover. When printed and folded, it becomes a handy A5 booklet. If anyone wants it I'll upload it to avsim, just let me know.

That's ok for me, I'll make a new one when MCE adds support.

But you might want to upload it for others to use.

I'd like to try the checklist, but the download link isn't working.

Hi Charlie,

I took it down because MCE's adding full support for the QW and I've converted it into flows etc. Still in testing but you'll have a much better version in the end.

Cheers