Sign in to follow this  
Zoolander

EVENT: Fireside Chat w/Mike from Lotus Simulations

EVENT: Fireside Chat w/Mike from Lotus Simulations

TOPIC: Lotus Simulations and the L-39 Albatros

TIME: September 7th, 5pm PST, 8pm EST, 0000 GMT (one night only)

Greetings Aviators,

We are please to welcome Mike Johnson of Lotus SImulations to end our week. He is going to share with us his background and development of Lotus SImulations and the Lotus L-39 Albatros jet trainer for FSX. Mike is the founder of Lotus Simulations and has been involved in 3D graphics in one form or another since graduating from the Vancouver Film School's computer graphics program in 1993. Mike worked in the video gaming industry for ten years prior to starting FS development, including stints at Electronic Arts and Namco. Mike holds both US and Canadian PPLs and has been a flight sim junkie since the age of twelve, starting out his flying career with Flight Simulator version 2. We welcome Mike and excited to hear more about his background and creation of the L-39 Albatros.

This is an event you will not want to miss.

Note: We suggest getting connected before the event in order to make sure your headset fully works, and familiar with DTP. We appreciate your understanding that we refuse to "seat" folks after the event has started.

###

DigitalThemePark is a multi-gaming community of virtual citizens. It provides organization and congregation of gamers through the use Voice-over IP (TeamSpeak 3), while promoting the interests of gaming, software, and hardware. DigitalThemePark Flight Division uses dedicated servers "in-the-cloud" for TeamSpeak, FSX Multiplayer and FSHost Multiplayer.

-Todd

Looking forward to being there. Mike is a great guy and the L-39 is still a top-in-class act.

Kind regards,

Fantastic,I just listened to your interview with Mr.Niedzielski,WWII Veteran B-17 Belly Turrent Gunner.

Thank You for providing these Great interactive discussions,They're Brilliant!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

The L-39 is my favorite FSX airplane of all time.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bump for those who have not seen this

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Yes, this is a favorite flyer in multiplayer for us. Easy to learn and fly this aircraft in formation. I am showing close to 4p PT, event starts in one hour. Early seating encouraged.

-Todd

Great talk and great event. Thanks to the speaker and organizer. More events like this please.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Thanks! I hope I didn't bore you guys all to tears or anything though. :) Speaking into the "void" when you can't read peoples' faces at all.... that's really hard! I had no idea.

-Mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Great speech Mike and thanks for the detailed answers. I'm thinking about flying to 49 states all at 50 feet lol

ORD dude