Sign in to follow this  
out

Can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008

Hello!

Looks like this is an exceptionally bad year for my simming. Lots of great addons coming but I face problems following problems. Anyway...

After watching a great documentary about Lufthansa Cargo MD-11 66-day round the world trip, I decided to install my slightly dusted PMDG MD-11 for FS9 and recreate the route.

The install went fine except for the fact that it forced me to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable. I didn't mind so I started the install. But then an error message jumped out:

error.jpg

The MD-11 has been installed (as well as its patches) but no the MV 2008 files. The effect is I can operate the aircraft in the sim with no problem, but there is no way I can run its Load Manager application. It is showing an error like this (I have a Polish version of Windows 7 64-bit, so I made a quick translation of the error message):

pmdgmd11err.jpg

I have submited a ticket with PMDG support. It has been replied with useful links for Microsoft Visual packages.

Now the problem is I can (and so I did) successfully install the 2005 and 2010 packages, but... not the 2008 one!

Of course I am doing it as admin, I even tried with MSE and firewall off, no luck.

I searched through the web, found some suggested solutions but nothing worked for me.

I also have PMDG 747-400 installed and it is working fine together with its Load Manager.

Also all other FS and non-FS software is working, except the MD-11 Load Manager.

So I believe this is related to the MV 2008 install problem (what else could cause it?).

Does anyone else know the problem and can help me solve it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi, dogtrack!

Thanks a lot for your post. I did try from that (Microsoft) location too with no luck either. :(

Most likely a Win reinstall would fix the problem but I am very reluctant to have a third reinstall within a few months. With all my FS addons it takes days!

Know the feeling...." With all my FS addons it takes days! ".

Perhaps take the bull by the horns and do it, then create a disc image for future use. Paragon do a free image program.

http://www.paragon-s...om/free/db.html Will image multi disc systems. My installed Sim runs at over 500GB plus all the out of Sim installed scenry on other drives.

Paragon has saved my bacon a couple of times over the years.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Thanks for your advice, mate.

I am stll fighting but if I lose I will do like you suggest.

Have a great Saturday!

Does anyone else know the problem and can help me solve it?

I had a similar problem installing dotnet 4 as a dotnet verifier said it was not installed properly. I had just received several updates from Microsoft. I opened up the Installed Updates folder and it showed four updates failed. I then Googled the KB that applied to the update and went to that site and manually download each update one at a time. When it finished, Microsoft came back and told me thanks for using Geniune Microsoft software. So, evidently dotnet software could not be installed until Microsoft verified I had genuine Windows 7, Microsoft Office, etc. After that I had no more issues. Just telling you this as this may be your issue too.

I did a search for your error - Hresult 0x8007370B error 1935 fsx and found a possible solution at the following website -

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/problem-installing-visual-c-2005-redistributable/03d29ab1-e760-407e-bc64-b23466199586.

It is important that you get MSV 2008 installed. There's an SP1 package which should be downloaded here - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29.

Hope this works.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello, Jim!

It is always very nice to hear from you.

Thanks a lot for posting in this thread.

Unfortunately I have tried all the above and no success.

My system will not install MSV2008 no matter what I do.

The only consolation is that there is, at least for now, nothing else than PMDG MD-11 Load Manager that won't work because of it.

So I can live with it. I can even fly the MD-11 with one preset payload. Fuel can fortunately be reloaded from the PMDG menu.

All in all, I won't go for a Win reformat now.

Thanks again for your help.

Take care, mate!

Hi Rafal,

Okay, here's another link. Apparently you have to install the 64 bit version first. Make sure there are no remnants of the 2008 redistributable x86 or 64 bit on your system. Look in your add/remove programs and make sure no 2008 MSV is there. Then to to Installed Updates and look down the list for any updates that might have been installed. If you find any, uninstall them. Next, open Windows Explorer and click on your C Drive then, in the upper right hand corner, in the search bar, type microsoft visual c++ 2008. If any files are found, delete them. Next run a registry cleaner like CCleaner and make sure any remnants of it are gone. Now do your installs. Install the 64 bit first. I think it will automatically install the 32 bit after that. If not, download and install that version too. Hope you can get it to work. This error is common.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/90125-error-1935-microsoft-visual-c-2008-redistributable-x86-install.html .

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10