Sign in to follow this  
blackbird7

Anyone else experiencing ATIS problems in Auckland?

I posted the following error in the Prepar3D forums but haven't gotten any feedback yet.

Summary:

When at Auckland Intl or Armdore Airport in New Zealand (there may be more) the ATIS comes on immediately after takeoff with default aircraft and scenery. I haven't found a way to turn it off using the aircraft's radios.

Steps to Reproduce:

No special setups, just get the Mooney or Maule at Auckland Intl or Armdore Airport. Start the plane and takeoff. Once on takeoff, the ATIS kicks on and won't turn off.

Configuration:

Prepar3D 1.4

Windows 7-64b

Default scenery

Default aircraft

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

It's due to the ATIS frequency being a default radio frequency I would guess.

I had the same problem a time ago when my default flight for startup had an ATIS frequency set in the radio, and a nearby VOR set as well (with the NAV audio activated of course!). I'd start hearing the ATIS broadcast upon startup, then when I climbed high enough, morse code that drove me nuts!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato