Sign in to follow this  
Tom Tsui

Any Other Methods to Toggle the GPS Power on CT210M ?

Hi,

Instead of clicking the on/off button with a mouse, wonder if anyone knows any other methods (such as keyboard command) to toggle the power of the GPS in the aircraft ?

Looking for an answer a long time and not a clue found so far.

Thanks Diego.

That's bad. Can the GPS be switched on automatically when the aircraft is loaded?

I also don't think so. I only recently got this aircraft as my first Carenado purchase, so I'm still learning it. From what I see, the aircraft comes in a semi-cold & dark state.

Hello,

If you have the RXP GNS serie installed in your C210, you have the option

to automatically turn the the RXPs ON when switching the avionics master ON, wich is realistic.

Regards,

Raphaël B

CPL/IR/FI

Hello,

If you have the RXP GNS serie installed in your C210, you have the option

to automatically turn the the RXPs ON when switching the avionics master ON, wich is realistic.

Regards,

Raphaël B

CPL/IR/FI

Raphaël, are you sure that is realistic? I've never been in a Centurion in real life, but I think it's pretty standard for all avionics to be off when you turn on the switch. Like manually turning on the radios, transponder, GPS, etc.

It's realistic !

On all the (real) aircrafts I've flown equiped with an Avionics Master Switch, the various equipement are always let ON.

They are all comming alive and switched OFF with one switch only: the Avionics Master Switch.

Basically, you generally turn the Avionics Master Switch ON after the engine start and switch it OFF before engine shutdown.

In the case you need to communicate prior to engine start (e.g. to request startup and IFR clearance), these aircrafts are sometimes

equiped with a «Ground Comm» switch, wich basically turns ON/OFF only 1 Comm radio, even with Battery and Avionics Master OFF. This is nicely simulated

in the Aerosoft PA41 Cheyenne for FS9 and FSX.

Regards,

Raphaël B.

CPL/IR/FI

You are right. I've used it for quite some time now. I hate to click the mouse to toggle the GPS. It's so unnatural.

Thanks anyway.

Will keep searching.

2 proposals

1) I can give you small gauge to add that force GPS per default to have the GPS gauge "ON" when avionics power is ON. It per default set GPS "ON". You can still switch off if you want and on again. Also look to get the enhanced 210 GPS from blicksimpie or something like that. It is much better. Also have nice colour terrain. you will find some posts here. just look.. http://forum.avsim.n...657-gps-530430/ the guy is apparently no more around here at avsim, but I am sure you can ask, people will help you. I think it is uploaded somewhere

I will see if I can find it for you. I have still recently seen him posting on the FSDEVELOPERS forum.

2) The other alternative is to use a keyboard HID macro (http://www.hidmacros.eu/whatisit.php) that enable you to link keys to FSX commands/events.

(THIS MIGHT NOT BE WHAT YOU LOOKING FOR but maybe someone else might find it worthwhile - it really is the poor man's substitute for custom cockpit - but it work very good and very easy - well at least for me it has brought about huge difference for immersion not having to use mouse, but now actually "switching" so called switches )

NOTE: I have not used the GPS ON/OFF with other developers gps's, but it is working with FSX default gauge so I am not to sure if it will work here with the carenado GPS.

In this way i have added a normal numpad, and programmed certain keys to do certain fsx things. In fact I have currently 5 small numpads that I use..

-GPS

-AP

-Lights

-Start switches

-Radios

I rarely use a mouse.

WHAT IS NICE ABOUT THIS.. your normal keyboard is not effected at all..!! only the key of the device you used will have effect in FSX. So your normal keyboard is as always. therefore a "1" on numpad "A" will send X command, "1" on numpad "B" will send Y command to fsx, but "1" on your normal keyboard will still send "1" to your screen. Hidmacros combine the key and they keyboard unique number and together it will make a UNIQUE command/event/switch in FSX. Absolute brilliant.

if interested I can send you detail. PM me with your email address and I send you detail, and NO it is absolute stupid to do. when I mention "programming" it is NOT "programming" s most understand.

It is really simple:

you plug in additional USB keyboard or numpad

you open little application "hidmacros".

1-you set a create key binding by giving it a name eg GPS ON,

2-you select the fsx variable from dropdownlist

3-you perform scan. (press the key on the new added numpad or keyboard and the hidmacro software register that key to that fsx variable/element.)

you close hidmacros.

you start fsx, you start hidmacros (you can even do it so that hidmacros will be started automatically in the background when you start FSX by adding an entry in the fsx exe.cfg file) see http://www.hidmacros...umentation.php.

You fly and you press the key and that way you dont use mouse..

So I have my few numpads all setup from top to bottom along my screen so that form part as a panel.

Works like a charm.

if you want more info I will gladly help you.

hidmacros.jpg

sorry for bad picture.

here is part of my setup.

Image0010.jpg