Sign in to follow this  
Hamilton_

Blurry and "washed"

Help guys,

I´m having some problems with blurry and "washed" appearance in my textures cockpit&exterior (see attach pics) I have a high end machine with no problems about fps.

Vista Ultimate 64bits,6 GB RAM, ATI Radeon Hd4850 512mb Gddr3 with the last drivers installed.

Any tips of what´s happening or how to correct.

Thanx

Hamilton

Hamilton Müller

If I didn't know better I would say that you need to crank up your resolution in the options>display menu to something a lot higher. Or at least I would check that first.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Check that your desktop color depth is 32bits and that your resolution in FSX ends with x32 (not x16)

Guest linuxbot3000

Looks like you have your graphics in 16 bit mode.

Hi,

First thanx for the answers,well,I set resolution 1152x768x32,Fitering Bilinear,Global Text High,in aircraft settings: Global settings:Ultra High.Below is a pic after settings,you´ll notice (tip of arrows) a little blurry.

Thanx again

Hamilton

k2l34p.jpg[/img]

Hamilton Müller

Try changing your filtering to Arthroscopic (hope I spelled that right) Makes a lot of difference, especially in the distance.

John

John Wingold

Is that the normal, native resolution of your monitor????

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Try changing your filtering to Arthroscopic (hope I spelled that right)

Lol, we knew what you meant but that has to do with knee surgery.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If none of the above works then go into Catalyst Control Center and in 3D application settings make sure in MipMap level is set to High Quality.

Ed.

"Is that the normal, native resolution of your monitor???? "

Yes,that's exactly the native resolution my monitor (1152x768x32)

" go into Catalyst Control Center and in 3D application settings make sure in MipMap level is set to High Quality"

I'll try that.

Thanx all

Hamilton Müller

Hi,

First thanx for the answers,well,I set resolution 1152x768x32,Fitering Bilinear,Global Text High,in aircraft settings: Global settings:Ultra High.Below is a pic after settings,you´ll notice (tip of arrows) a little blurry.

Thanx again

Hamilton

a>

I've looked at this pic on my work monitor and at home. Looking through the jpg artifact, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I saw some pics here Avsim with far better look than the one I post above and the exterior view (first post).

I mean I was expecting better look (cockpit&exterior) with this PC...

Hamilton Müller

Hi,

Global texture should be set to ultra high.

The strange color in you first pic (that OH panel) may have something to do with ENB.