Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

AEROSIM 787

I purhcased this bird earlier this week, installed, and tried to load. In both the Free Flight screen selecting it, and selecting it within the sim itself, it caused FSX to crash. No error report, nothing. Just a restart of FSX. I send an email to their support address, and their response was that I should reinstall FSX. That is not going to happen. Anybody encounter this and does anyone have a fix?

Thank you for sharing Tom. Unfortunately I don't have any clue but at I am now sure I won't buy it after this stupid reply from the developper (they already gave me such type of reply when I inquired about how to purchase the product.... It seems that these guys don't need to do business...)

Now, have you tried to uninstall the plane and reinstall it ? Did ou try to load from another scenery (let's a basc place with no scenery installed ?)

It must be a .dll issue...... It would be good that other owner open their xml.dll file to check if they have something related to the Aerosim that you may not have...

Greg

too much, too soon....

I remember I had some issue installing it but can't remember what happened. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it has been running ok.

I load them all the time after setting them up in free flight, Airport/Parking place first then the aircraft and save it direct with whatever number I use at the time before I hit the Fly Now button, so I can always reload it. First thig I did after the first flight was redo the Avionics with ISG stuff.

99% of my AC are setup that way. I had started at number 1 and add them in and save them consecutive. I haven't had any of the issues either with the heavy hitter payware AC that says to start first with a default flight and change to the aircraft etc etc.... I have been saving that way for as far as I can remember.

Maybe breeze thru this thread if you haven't already done so.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/375543-aerosims-787-for-fsx-released/

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I send an email to their support address, and their response was that I should reinstall FSX. That is not going to happen.

Why?

I know you probably have a lot invested in your install, but every now and then things do get buggy...especially with the more third party addons you have, and a reinstall may be required.

Breaking it down if uninstalling and reinstalling under administrator rights doesn't fix it...reinstall FSX, it's not that hard I've done it several times and I have a crapload of planes and scenery too.

Tom is right... Reinstalling FSX when ou have tons of addons can take more than a day ! And that should not happen because a developper is acting like a thieve not even trying to support his own customer.

too much, too soon....

More then a day is right. It took me almost 4 days to get everything almost back in.

Reinstalling FSX should be a last last resort. Most likely scenario is after a HD crash.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

That's like when I had an issue with TrackIR causing stutters when using Saitek panels. The suggestion I got was not to re-install FSX but to reinstall Windows! Are they nuts!?

Well, I musta came to my wits end because I couldn't take it any longer. Just to humor myself I reinstalled Windows from scratch. Guess what - problem solved. So I guess those bits and bytes can get mixed up. But I am still re-installing stuff and it's been a month, yikes!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I purchased this software also. No issues on installation, etc and it operated fine. I'm using FSX Gold. However, I did remove it because I like some of my iFly, CS and Wilco aircraft better.

There are too many possibilities for a crash when loading. Most likely a texture or gauge did not install correctly and FSX cannot find it. I would uninstall the product then run a freeware registry cleaner then reinstall it with Admin privileges (right click the .exe and select run as administrator). I would make sure UAC is disabled too as well as any anti-virus programs. There's a long thread here on AVSIM that I found regarding the Aerosim 787 when it was first released (6 pages). Only one individual reported a CTD such as yours and asked for help but no one helped him. Cleaning the registry after uninstalling this product is important.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

yes that's a good advise... I would uninstall, use ccleaner and make sure xml.dll does not contain any Aerosim data

too much, too soon....

Per everyone's advice, I removed, rebooted, cleaned the registery, rebooted again, re-installed, and it didn't break FSX this time. Thanks. Sure glad I did not take the advice to uninstall FSX and go through that. Been there and done that, and I am not going to do it again just to install a another airplane.

That's great Tom you got it working okay again. It is upsetting that a developer takes the easy way out by advising one to uninstall/reinstall FSX everytime there's a crash. Reformating and reinstalling Windows would help too but not very good advice.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Been there and done that, and I am not going to do it again just to install a another airplane.

Lol been down that road so many times, now I image my drives every week incase of a mishap.

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon trashing aerosim, realize English isn't their first language. There may have been a breakdown in the translation. Personally, had I had the same problem as Tom, my first action would have been to do an uninstall of the offending addon, reboot and reinstall.

-Damien

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon trashing aerosim, realize English isn't their first language. There may have been a breakdown in the translation. Personally, had I had the same problem as Tom, my first action would have been to do an uninstall of the offending addon, reboot and reinstall.

-Damien

I agree--I was going to say the same thing. There may have been a language breakdown. It wouldn't be the first time for me--I actually got insulted by some other companies until I realized English was not their first language and after some discussion the misinterpretation was the major cause of the bad feelings. Once we got past that, most of the time issues seemed to be resolved in a smoother manner.

Jim Atkins