Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

10.10 RC1 arrived! And what an RC!

This is the reason why I think all flightsim fans should come running to the X-Plane World - SUPPORT!!!!!!!

We have a dynamic path, and, our ideas / desires / thoughts /critics are LISTENED by LM and many 3pds....

Read the RC1 list of fixes here : http://wiki.x-plane....lane_10.10_RC_1

and visit Ben's Blog here: http://developer.x-plane.com/

What a beautifull day it is today :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Greatness!

Downloading now, gonna have to tweak the new starter ratio on Jans King AIr... finally found the option within Planemaker to have it stop introducing fuel automatically when the starter is engaged, now I just need to work on spool up time and the limits.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Does this mean that XPX10.10 is coming out of beta?

*Dreaming about flying my brand-new-777 in XPX*

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Does this mean that XPX10.10 is coming out of beta?

Not right away, but certainly getting close, and this is a deep RC, with many changes in it....

For the time being and with the few tests I was able to perform, given that METARs nearby include VRB fields with mild winds, it looks great - the variability is now looking really good in X-Plane10.10r1 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Not right away, but certainly getting close, and this is a deep RC, with many changes in it....

For the time being and with the few tests I was able to perform, given that METARs nearby include VRB fields with mild winds, it looks great - the variability is now looking really good in X-Plane10.10r1 :-)

Sounds good! Have you noticed any improvement in performance?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I see they've fixed the real weather turbulence at long last. :)

I hope we will be able to do water landings in RW without having to fiddle around with wave settings!

The variable winds I have tested, using today's METARs around Portugal and Spain, and a few places around Europe where I got METARs with those fields, are all for faint winds, and all of them translated beautifully into X-Plane10 :-)

It's very complex ( I know now because I am trying to write down a parser myself from METAR into X-Plane10 weather settings ) to translate all aspects of a METAR, and even more difficult to use that source as the only source for RW Weather.

This is a problem common to ANY simulator using RW weather. Beware that while some weather injectors use TAFs, this is not at all realistic because they're not reports of observations but rather forecasts! Also, winds aloft information, temperature, etc... all present many problems because of the inherent errors they may include, "sparceness" / etc...

Most of the time I now use my own weather settings and simply do not download RW. But, I have to say, I really prefer X-Plane's RW Weather to FSX's - even when weather injectors are used!

I also acnowledge faster aicraft loading with this 10.10r1.

And... we really can't forget the biggest change with 10.10r1, described by Ben at his Blog. The "starter" fixes / improvements... Details like this make X-Plane10 unique!

This all positive aspects being listed, I should also point out that I am experiencing stuttering from cockpit view in a couple of aircracft models (default and add-on payware), My card is not ATI (Nvidia 450 GTX) and I have HDR off, although I have had good results with it on too...

I believe we're nearing 10.10 final :-) Then, 10.20 will follow and - X-plane10 will, again, be in the "head of the band" among ALL non-military flight simulation platforms....

I used to write: "MS FLIGHT... what else...." I've changed it to....

"X-Plane10 and MS FLIGHT... what else"

Main Simulation Rig:

I can speak to the performance question, as I've been happily updating to every beta since the 10.10 beta cycle started. I got used to gradual increases in performance, so much so that when I reverted to r5 to fly the 777, I was shocked and a bit disappointed. Over the last 11 betas, I'd slowly doubled my performance, but now I'm back to using minimal settings to get smooth frames. I am running on the lower end of specs for XP10, but it allowed me to really see the performance improvements.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I only tested Beta 11 briefly, and I was very disappointed with the performance. 10.5r1 had a better performance on my system. But I have my fingers crossed for the rc1.... and I hope the night lightning isn't that RED anymore... I thought that was less realistic compared to the more white / yellowish street lights in 10.5r1.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

and visit Ben's Blog here: http://developer.x-plane.com/

Years ago, when I was still using FSX, I decided to try Xplane9 and spent much time reading up on the product. What I saw then and what I saw reading through that blog and etc now are very similar. Plenty of detail and jargon regarding minutia of systems obscure to the majority of humanity.

There appears to be a market for this approach, and most certainly Xplane has good claim to the "As real as it gets" moniker, especially if you are a systems manager, a mechanic, or maybe an aeronautical engineer, but....

I had then, and continue to have difficulty ascertaining if this product is intended to appeal beyond a relatively limited subset of users, even within the overall simulation genre.

As I try these betas, read further, and dither about making the jump to a purchase, I keep remembering the we-want-everyone! design philosophy of FSX as expressed in this video, and find myself uncertain if Xplane has any real interest in, or focus on (or even patience and room for) more casual people like me. The answer to that is important. (at least to me)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I believe it has Devon.

Look at me... I quited flight simulation around 2007. The announcement of MS FLIGHT made me try X-Plane10 while I was waiting for it, but also P3D recently, FSX again - bought the Gold edition through the same GFWL I used to buy MS FLIGHT and it's DLCs... - and here I am, playing X-Plane10 without any compromise, enjoying the most out of it's default aircraft and scenery, well, enhanced thanks to the work os a friend who populated the World with OSM stuff, a few good add-ons (payware but also freeware).

I start X-Plane10 whenever I can, just foa couple of minutes enjoying a small flight around Iberian Peninsula, or shooting an approach at night, starring at the great fluidity I get even with HDR on on my i5 2500 @3.3...

The AS-K21 I use it to play around places I know from RL, using the default ridge currents and thermals.

I use the dc-3 in the colours of TAP to prepare a few flights I intend to do in memory of the old colonial times where TAP had the Africa routes to Angola and Mozambique using that airplane, etc...

The only reason I sometimes divert from simply playing X-Plane10 and start seeking the internals is the same I end up doing the same with any simulator... That's me... :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

where's the download? i ran the updater but it says my version is up to date. I guess it hasn't arrived to Canadian Servers yet.

where's the download? i ran the updater but it says my version is up to date. I guess it hasn't arrived to Canadian Servers yet.

Did you check the box that allows for beta downloads? Anyway, when you start X-Plane it should automatically identify the new beta as available and ask to download / install.

Main Simulation Rig:

Did you check the box that allows for beta downloads? Anyway, when you start X-Plane it should automatically identify the new beta as available and ask to download / install.

thank you it worked, awesome update. I hope the new 777 runs ok with it.