Sign in to follow this  
Reason

When pilots report objects in the sky

Hi.

Will pilots or cabin crews get fired if they report unidentified objects they have witnessed during airborne? is this why, if it is true, they choose to keep it for themselves? thanks

Why would they get fired? They would be expected to report any unusual or unexpected phenomenon that they witness while flying, weather, other aircraft, whatever, it doesn't matter.

Okay Raindance, but I need different opinions because that is not what I heard from a very trusted acquaintance.

I concur with Raindance. Why would a pilot be fired for saying: ' last flight I saw this weird thing'?

Why would this very trusted acquaintance be any more qualified to comment?

Hi.

Will pilots or cabin crews get fired if they report unidentified objects they have witnessed during airborne? is this why, if it is true, they choose to keep it for themselves? thanks

No comment... :P

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Okay thank you gents. And Ronan, guess the above posts describe how this issue often goes. Good day

I wonder if it's more a case of "if the pilot reports seeing an unusual object to the media", they are likely to be fired. It's ridiculous, but that's what you get when society as a whole sees UFO sightings as nothing more than the deluded imaginings of idiots.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

UFO sightings have nothing to do with delusion.

It just means that you saw something flying without knowing what it is.

Concluding it was an extraterrestrial spaceship is another matter.

No comment...

hahahahahaha... once again the wonderful voice of experience! (i.e. really appreciated your posts in that nut "can you land a real airliner" thread).

:h0134:

I've reported UFO's many times. It doesn't mean you think it is from another planet it is that it doesn't show up on any traffic device and either the angle of the sighting or speed you can't identify what it was.

On the way down the west coast of the US we kept hearing a report of a large silver flying object. It was showing on ATC's radar but no one could identify it until we got there. We were at a lower altitude then the rest and saw it was a very large mylar balloon that was floating around at 29,000 feet.

Hmmmmmmm.......... I am divided on this one. The automatic reaction to even the term UFO is generally so negative (as in what have you been smoking, dude) that I can't imagine a pilot for a commercial airline would want to be known as the guy that's always reporting da' aliens............

(S)He might very well feel duty bound to submit a report (much more so if there are multiple witnesses) but I can see many people deciding to just swallow a sighting; that's just human nature. You don't have to say it was aliens, mean people will fill in that blank for you, and who likes to be laughed at?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Had an Air Force friend call me a few weeks ago, they had footage of 3 bright lights to the east of the international airport. They were stationary and silent before they went up at a 60 degree angle past the airport and disappeared.

My friends at atc said nothing showed up on primary as it went offline, showing errors they had not seen before.

Very interesting, to say the least.

I can't imagine a pilot for a commercial airline would want to be known as the guy that's always reporting da' aliens

That's kind of my position... if there is "footage" fine... ask ATC if they have anything... otherwise enjoy the view :Secret:

Looks like Chris saw "Balloon Boy II" :unsure:

Balloons and birds have airplane seeking radar... similar to the one the iceberg had that found the Titanic.

Looks like Chris saw "Balloon Boy II"

We think it was one of those remote control blimps kids have. It was about 5 feet long.