Sign in to follow this  
Reason

When pilots report objects in the sky

I may add that media often always pushes any kind of report right into the nutty area with setting up documentations featuring 'the usual mystical background music' for example.

Thanks for the FAA link by the way, John-Alan.

I may add that media often always pushes any kind of report right into the nutty area with setting up documentations featuring 'the usual mystical background music' for example.

Thanks for the FAA link by the way, John-Alan.

You're welcome.

2. The next day, three depressions 1 1/2" deep and 7" in diameter were

found where the object had been sighted on the ground. The following

night (29 Dec 80) the area was checked for radiation. Beta/gamma readings

of 0.1 milliroentgens were recorded with peak readings in the three de-

pressions and near the center of the triangle formed by the depressions.

A nearby tree had moderate (.05-.07) readings on the side of the tree

toward the depressions.

What is the normal background radiation rate? How much higher is 0.1 mR than that rate? How much higher were the 'peaks' than the average in the area? How nearby is a 'nearby tree'? How many other trees were 'nearby'? What was the radiation reading on those (if applicable)? What was the radiation reading on the side of the tree not facing the depressions?

What about a Flying Shark:

The pilot of a passenger jet, thought to be an Air New Zealand flight, was on his descent to Christchurch International Airport on Boxing Day when he radioed ground control with an unlikely sighting – a shark flying at several thousand feet.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz2665qckxt

Turns out it was just a large radio control toy someone got for Christmas and got away. This pilot has to report seeing a 'Shark' on approach so the next aircraft on approach will know it is there and watch out for it to avoid a collision.

Matthew Kane

"'Don't you believe in flying saucers,' they ask me? 'Don't you believe in telepathy? — in ancient astronauts? — in the Bermuda triangle? — in life after death?'

'No,' I reply. 'No, no, no, no, and again no.' One person recently, goaded into desperation by the litany of unrelieved negation, burst out 'Don't you believe in anything?'

'Yes', I said. 'I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is, however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be.'"

~Isaac Asimov.

"'Don't you believe in flying saucers,' they ask me? 'Don't you believe in telepathy? — in ancient astronauts? — in the Bermuda triangle? — in life after death?'

'No,' I reply. 'No, no, no, no, and again no.' One person recently, goaded into desperation by the litany of unrelieved negation, burst out 'Don't you believe in anything?'

'Yes', I said. 'I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is, however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be.'"

~Isaac Asimov.

That's funny.

Say, you are in the 17th century in a small settlement in Alabama and people say that Ethiopia does exist, the Siege of Austria did occur and Thames is indeed in England... will you still not believe what they say? Will you go to places just to prove that they exist?

only a fool who always seeks evidence in everything just to satisfy his/her arrogancy

That's funny.

Say, you are in the 17th century in a small settlement in Alabama and people say that Ethiopia does exist, the Siege of Austria did occur and Thames is indeed in England... will you still not believe what they say? Will you go to places just to prove that they exist?

only a fool who always seeks evidence in everything just to satisfy his/her arrogancy

Precisely... how do you prove to someone that there are radio waves in the air? You can explain to them and show results, but you can't show them the radio waves. I understand some of the sceptics and appreciate why they would want some kind of evidence, however, when they continue to bang on about how something is not real without the evidence, regardless of facts, then I find it a little tiring. Besides, I have been one of those few people who have actually seen a UFO, well three in fact. And yes, I would argue that from what I saw, I believe it to have been extraterrestrial. Why? I have no evidence, but then from what I saw, I have drawn my own conclusion.

About 35 years ago, one evening in the summer in the UK, I was start gazing because it was such a beautiful evening. It was very clear and all of a sudden I was aware of some movement in my peripheral vision. Off to the west I suddenly saw three discs moving slowly from west to east. They were each independent of each other, with no lights or sound and were visible to me for about 30 seconds as they tracked across the sky. I guess they were about the size of your small fingernail, if you held it at arm's length. The one in the centre was flying straight and the other two were moving around it's orbit, with no definitive flying route, they were a few seconds in front and then a few seconds behind, always changing their position to the centre craft. They were barely visible in the night sky, but they appeared as distinct silhouettes against the milkiness of the sky illuminated by the city.

Were they shooting stars, meteors or some kind of natural phenomenon, definitely not, that would be a silly suggestion. Were they aircraft as we know them? No. Were they top secret aircraft of some descrition? Possibly, but after 35 years I would have expected to see something similar in our skies, but nothing. They were certainly under some kind of intelligent control. So yes, the nay sayers can ridicule me or my story, but I know what I saw. Have I seen anything since? No. So, all those years ago, my close encounter still remains in my memory. So was it extraterrestrial? Who knows...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Consider this- you see a UFO but you don't report it, yet when you land the whole place is buzzing with reports from other pilots and ground observers and radar operators who DID see it.

You're going to look a bit of a fool and the authorities will ask you- "But how could you NOT see it? We'd better suspend your pilot's licence til you've had an eyesight test and full medical exam. Also as a pilot you were duty-bound to report anything unusual, but by not doing so, can you be trusted any more?"

PS- Brit police officer Alan Godfrey's patrol car was blocked by something on the road one night some years ago (google him for the full story) and he later drew this sketch (below). What a pity his car hadn't got a dashcam or it'd have captured on film the one thing we've all been waiting for for a long time,a pointblank shot of a UFO-

AlanGodfrey.jpg

You're going to look a bit of a fool and the authorities will ask you-

No I won't and they won't ask as it would be foolish to prove something based on the notion "others saw something so you should have too"... c'mon...

You might be able to "luck out" if there was a CVR and I did say something (where I specifically said, "I see a UFO") AND you questioned me under oath in a court of law where I denied seeing a UFO... then, having played the CVR, you might be able to get a perjury conviction. You really think it would end up in court? :rolleyes:

What a pity his car hadn't got a dashcam or it'd have captured on film the one thing we've all been waiting for for a long time,a pointblank shot of a UFO-

Funny how that works... never a dash cam when you need it.

Time to post my pictures of Bigfoot...

What about a Flying Shark: Turns out it was just a large radio control toy someone got for Christmas and got away. This pilot has to report seeing a 'Shark' on approach so the next aircraft on approach will know it is there and watch out for it to avoid a collision.

Likely a remote controlled Air Swimmer. Can be purchased at Toys R Us :P

ptru113386720alternate1.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I see. So your picture shows a rated pilot of that thing. ^_^

I see. So your picture shows a rated pilot of that thing. ^_^

And probably only his sister thinks he's an alien.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Were they shooting stars, meteors or some kind of natural phenomenon, definitely not, that would be a silly suggestion. Were they aircraft as we know them? No. Were they top secret aircraft of some descrition? Possibly, but after 35 years I would have expected to see something similar in our skies, but nothing. They were certainly under some kind of intelligent control. So yes, the nay sayers can ridicule me or my story, but I know what I saw. Have I seen anything since? No. So, all those years ago, my close encounter still remains in my memory. So was it extraterrestrial? Who knows...

Why is it a silly suggestion that it was some kind of natural phenomenon? Nature can do so much cool and weird stuff.

What makes you think that the objects you saw were under some kind of intelligent control?

Humans are really a funny lot. We see pic's of man on the moon or robots on Mars and go "Wow what a great thing". Show us a Pic of a "UFO" and provide 50 witness statements from sane stable people we yell "Hoax!!" and call 50 people who we have never seen and probably never will see liars. It has allways amazed me since on this planet a very large percentage of us live our life based on a "God" (your choice) we have never seen and have only heard about from stories.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

How about this for a neat compromise- Instead of reporting something as a 'UFO', we could simply report it as an "unknown aircraft" to avoid any fuss, that way it'd at least be logged for the record..:)

For example if I saw something on the ground with flashing lights and everything, I'd phone the police and say- "Er..I'm not sure but I think an aircraft might have crash-landed or something", that way the police would be guaranteed to come out fast..