Sign in to follow this  
Les

FSX bgl files

Hi everyone.

Since installing ES's Stonehenge scenery I now have 2 Stonehenges - the new one and presumably the default FSX one.

Does anyone know which bgl file I need to disable (rename) to remove the default scenery, or is there another way of removing the original Stonehenge?

On a more general note, is there a list of which bgl files in FSX relate to which scenery? (or is that just too big a job?)

Cheers,

Les

Does anyone know which bgl file I need to disable (rename) to remove the default scenery, or is there another way of removing the original Stonehenge?

Cheers,

Les

Hi Les,

I haven't used that so I myself don't know where or how it is setup but Strict rule of thumb is never disable, rename or remove any default scenery files.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I don't think there is a default Stonehenge. Do you have another addon perhaps?

I don't think there is a default Stonehenge. Do you have another addon perhaps?

Now that you mention it I don't remember seeing it either.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

There's a description of it on simtours. Haven't visited there myself: http://www.simtours.net/stonehenge.php

If you have an addon it should be excluding the default scenery automatically, assuming your addon is above the default in the scenery libary.

Barry Friedman

Hi guys,

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

I still haven't cracked this problem of 2 Stonehenges (bogof?).

Concerning decompiling bgl into xml files - I am aware of this but am congenitaley lazy and was rather hoping that someone had already done it.

I have disabled ALL addon scenery (including GenX etc.) over and above that which comes with FSX and, lo and behold, the 'default' Stonehenge is there, albeit a pretty poor model, in the wrong place and nestling amongst the trees, just like in real life:) - what a relief to switch GenX back on.

I imagine that the issue of addon scenery taking priority over existing scenery only works if they are both more or less in the same place, whereas in my case, the new ES scenery is correctly placed and the original is something like 200 yds away.

So the original question remains - does anyone know how to either disable or cover up or hide the default Stonehenge?

Really appreciate everybody's input on this - thanks.

Les

Have you tried to contact ES?

I would think that whoever developed the new Stonehenge would include an exclude for the default.

Boy, that's an awkward sentence, say "include an exclude" 10 times real fast.

Anywho, I whipped up an exclude for the default using Instant Scenery 2 and will send it to you if you PM me an e-mail address.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I have the same problem.... two stonehenge's. Could you send the exclude file to me as well as I am unable to find the bgl file to remove the default stonehenge?

Many thanks!

Regards, Derek