Sign in to follow this  
Niroshan Silva

navigation display(ND) stuck on ''app'' mode, can someone help..

hello, i'm new to fsx and PMDG 747,

my navigation display works fine for about 5mins after start up the simulator but it automatically switch to app mode and stuck there after a while. the ND mode switch can't be moved except for the center button. i have re installed , pmdg 747 updated with 2.1 version , and did it all over twice.i have tried loading different panel states , but only option is to restart fsx after ND switch stucks to get it operational, for another 5mins..

btw i have tried on vc and 2d both, and try to map a key to map mode, but no luck.. nothing works..

i can fly with FMC pre programmed routes even its not displayed on on ND, i simply can't see any details except for heading in app mode. i goggled this matter even this was a issue no one seems to have a clear answer for it.. :(

hope someone can help me.. thanks in advance.

What is really odd from your screen shot is that the your MFD is showing map mode even though the display control shows approach mode. What aircraft are you loading as your default? Should be the Cessna or other simple aircraft.

Also please sign your name. Besides being a forum rule, its nice to address you personally.

thanks for the reply.. i'm in approach mode, and it's shown in ND, the thing is i cant change to any other modes(map , vor , ect).. that knob is not working .. btw what do u mean by default aircraft ? i didn't get it.. i'm just loading PMDG 747 aircraft from select aircraft option.

im niroshan silva from sri lanka.. i thought i was using my name..when i sign in.. ok.. i'll look how to sign my name in.. :)

Default aircraft would be the plane that FSX displays when you first start it up before you select the PMDG from the aircraft menu

turner thanks for ur reply,i still can't change my nav display from approach mode to any other, that knob seems to be stuck some how, in both 3d and 2d views,

i set my default plane to be pmdg 747 still it's not working..

You are not supposed to set the PMDG B747 as your default flight. You should set your default aircraft as a non-payware one (e.g., the Cessna that was already in the aircraft menu when you first installed FSX). After starting FSX, you should then select the PMDG B747 from the aircraft menu.

i checked setting many planes as default but still ND mode switch is stuck in pmdg b747, it seems to be default plane not causing the error. ND mode switch works for few minutes after loading the plane, but get stuck on 'app mode' after that..

:wacko2: :wacko2: tired of pmdg now..

thanks for the reply owen, i have seen those forum posts and I've already submitted a ticket, but i don't have much faith in official site . this product is bit old to have full support service. i guess..

can't fly this bird without ND working properly.

it's very frustrating to have this error. or what ever it is.. :wacko:

The PMDG B747 is still popular, so I would have some faith in the official support desk. I have submitted two tickets (although not involving the B747), and both were promptly responded to. Sometimes FSX just has random errors. I have one where, when turning, the virtual cockpit camera moves (simulating inertia), but does not return to its original position after completing the turn. Apparently this is another unsolved issue.

Hope the support team can help you.

i still didn't got any reply from support team. :(

i have seen posts about this error without an answer , so i really don't think this is a random error just happened to me (but can be a conflict between fsx and pmdg as owen said)

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?190882-pmdg747-ND-stuck-in-APP-mode

if u read above post in flightsim.com , he has managed to find a answer to my question in this forum(in avsim.net), but long time ago(in 2008), now that post don't even exist here.

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=136

this is the missing post which i think contain the answer..

:( :(

Hi Niroshan

I have experienced different probs with B747 myself, but PMDG always answered my tickets. They were even good enough to take over my PC briefly (with my consent) and resolved a particularly tricky snag for me. I f you haven't had a response within a couple of weeks, I would try another ticket politely referring to the first, but assuming they haven't responded because they are very busy. They respect all their customers and deserve our respect in return.

Incidentally, is there any other adverse effect on your flight?

Good luck

Lin

owen it's just 2 days ago.. so i still have to wait.. i guess . i'll definitely post it here if i got a answer. :smile: who knows one day it might help unlucky guy like me.. ^_^

thanks for reply Lin, other than this i haven't had any technical issues in the product . i have pmdg md11 as well . it's working as it should be.. and i have flown it many hours with and without FMC programmed, ND works fine and everything's excellent in md11.

that's why i decide to go for b747. but couldn't even complete a single satisfied flight since ND is not switchable.. :(