Sign in to follow this  
Niroshan Silva

navigation display(ND) stuck on ''app'' mode, can someone help..

That's the spirit, Niroshan. With mine i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the B747-400 a few times before giving up. Seems that my problem was something to do with my having Acceleration as well as SP2 in FSx... but I don't remember exactly what, sorry.

Lin

pmdg support team says this is impossible to happen, there is no fix to this, so i have given up on convincing it happened to me. i'm on some trail of finding the answer by myself. i'm a programmer, after all that's what i do . just give me some time and i'll come up with a fix to this with or without help, for now i believe this is protection system used by pmdg against piracy .i have 100% legal copy ,

this is my assumption ,

as i can remember my computer got stuck and had to end task while install it for first time(b747) due to some background processes . this some how ended up wrong values in registry, and eventually it recognize it's not a legit copy of program and deactivated features. still sniffing for the wrong reg values, if my assumptions are correct i'll end up with a answer. :)

Sorry to hear support unable to solve your problem. Assuming your copy of PMDG is legal, try a full uninstall of 747-4, reboot - clear the registry and try a fresh re-install of 747.

Lin

oh, i personally don't use registry repair tools becoz i have some bitter experience with them. i had to clean install windows after once i have used reg repair tool . any way thanks for mention about it owen .

i have solved the issue..!!! there was a registry entry which corrupted as i suspected . i think i know why i couldn't find an answer for it . it's piracy protection mechanism used by pmdg . i only noticed ND, but there are several other in-game faults if it's not activated properly. what a wicked way to handle piracy . :D

anyway i have cleaned that reg entry and fixed it.and everything just start working as there was no issue...!! it took lots of time for me to figure it . and i don't know if i should post it here so i'm indirectly helping piracy..

okey, i'll tell how to fix it if someone have fallen into exact mess as i am,

open regedit

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Abraxis\TheftTracking\MBX\htvx1]

goto this folder

delete the default key there.

and re-install the game.

in my case , i just edit the key, and it worked for me. i guess above steps will work .

anyway my problem was in that reg value , i don't know same problem occur for any other reason.

forum administrators, please feel free to delete this post if it's against forum rules. i just shared how i solve my issue. again i have legal copy of pmdg which i took from ebay :)

Hi niroshan

I had this problem and follow all of your order ... but still it sucks ... I really become confuse ... pls help me to solve this bulsh... problem ...

plsss