Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Constant Circling

Trying the 747-400 Type Rating Tutorials in FSX (I know, they are for FS2004) and after take-off the plane starts a constant maximum bank turn to the left. I loaded the flights from the tutorial files and follow the steps precisely, not changing anything. The ND shows the proper flight path but the aircraft will never level out and track the flight path after crossing the path. Can anyone explain to me what is happening ?

Dave Hinson

Dave,

Procedures are procedures, so FSX v FS9 shouldn't matter. The exception of if the TRCs provide files with them - loadable panel states, saved flights and so on - as I'm not sure if there are formatting differences. I'm at work and can't download them, but I'll check tonight when I get home and report the results.

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds like you don't have either a lateral mode selected or one of the CMD buttons turned on.

Followed procedures exactly - LNAV on and one CMD selected.

Other 747 Type Rating flights work OK. Must be just a glitch with that one.

Thanks for the responses.

Dave

After a year of fighting this problem (not just with tutorials) I have found one possible solution.  When flying from ORD to LAX, my aircraft started this ANNOYING constant left bank,  Situation: NO WEATHER or Winds Aloft (sometimes stated as a source of this problem).  Changing from LNAV to Heading Hold had no effect.  I then saved the flight at this point, closed FSX, and "repaired" the -400 from the installation disc.  I then restarted FSX and reloaded the saved flight with the constant bank, and the problem was gone.  I used heading get back on course and switched to LNAV.  Result - no problems then or several other flights since then.

Any ideas ?

Dave

Any ideas ?

Corrupted install maybe.  That or it tweaked one of the millions of other random things that Windows messes with, and ended up fixing the issue.  I'm always surprised at how many issues can be solved by using the Flight1 Reg Repair Tool.  Some things you'd assume wouldn't have anything to do with the registry.  Run it.  Problem solved.

*scratches head*

Thanks, Windows!

Kyle Rodgers

Did not think about the Registry Tool.  Will certainly try it next time. Thanks.