Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Are You the only flight sim enthusiast/addict in your home?

Yup, I am the only flight sim enthusiast in my family and my friends don't even know about it. Also besides my dad, I am the only one who is an enthusiast about aviation. And 2 days ago I got my PPL :)

Myself, my two sons play it regularly as a sim, my daughter every once and a while, but only as a game, not a sim. My wife occasionally shows an interest too... A family of flight simmers... :O Now just to get my wife to play it more often so I'll finally be able to buy all those add-ons I've wanted... B)

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Just myself, but then I live alone so that probably counts for nothing... :acute:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yup, I am the only flight sim enthusiast in my family and my friends don't even know about it. Also besides my dad, I am the only one who is an enthusiast about aviation. And 2 days ago I got my PPL :)

nice! congrats on the PPL. I wanted to go for my PPL also but the Canadian Government won't allow me due to a medical condition: Narcolepsy.....Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder that causes excessive sleepiness and frequent daytime sleep attacks. I was diagnosed in 1996 after i fell asleep at the wheel of my car and had a horrific car accident. :( oh well, thank God for our amazing hobby and flight software.

And 2 days ago I got my PPL :)

Congratulations, well done, be sure to enjoy it now that you have it. :Applause: :Applause: :Applause:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I think I am the most serious flight simmer I know, I have two friends that play it one who is actively in a VA flying military or low detail commercial. Another who plays the game on a similar level but not in a VA and very rarely. Outside of flight simulation I have my father who enjoys WW2 aviation, air shows and such as well as a few relatives who have a at least a better than average understanding of Aviation (from reading news articles etc...).

Other than that things are pretty lonely for me in terms of aviation. Hopefully if I get into University to study Aerospace Engineering and/or train for a PPL if my medical condition will allow it then I should meet more people soon. In the meantime however I resort to communities such as this for my daily aviation fix ^_^

Yep, Just me. My wife has no interest ( bit of a fear thing going on there) and my daughters are too young yet. I remember the very first time I stood in awe watching an Aer Lingus Bac 1-11 scream (they were loud) down the runway at EICK. It was 1980 and I was 12. I was hooked straight away and still am. In my office at home there are three wall charts of the PMDG 737NGX cockpit and the desks are full of aviation magazines, charts, joysticks, etc etc.

I have flown MSFS since FS98 and every time I upgraded my PC it was with FS in mind.

Congrats haztronic on the PPL, I hope to join you some day in the not too distant future.

Yeah, my daughter calls my virtual passengers the nerd squad.

My daughter thinks I'm sad and my wife thinks I'm a nerd! But some of my mates' jaws have hit the floor when I show them my rig B)

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

My sons take after their father, but the wife will never understand why sitting in front of a computer pushing fake switches can be so fun.

Likewise, I'll never understand how moving gems into rows of threes over and over again can be so fun...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I am definitely the only simmer, and I think its going to stay that way. The distance between this hobby and most people is getting so wide its hard to think of how to bridge the gap.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5