Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

OpusFSX Live Weather Engine Version 2

Hi Stephen,

I did 2 flights today with the latest beta and in both the destination airport reported no weather at all.

I first noticed when I looked at the destination metar in Aivlasoft EFB; no weather available from FSX.

Then, later on when Radar Contact invited me to choose my runway because no weather information was available at the destination (obviously it will normally assign one based on wind direction).

Is there anything I'm overlooking? All Opus settings are more or less default.

Thanks.

David

Perhaps there was no wind. Please check out the 'Reporting Weather Anomalies' post, but we have yet to find any anomalies. If the METAR reports are saying nil wind and CAVOK then it seems reasonable to me that you may be asked what runway you prefer.

No idea about Aiviasoft, you should really consult the NOAA METAR. If the program is querying FSX then what airport was it, does it have a METAR even. Not my program so I can not say what it is doing. But the downloaded METARs would be in OpusWeather.txt and the stations ATIS would have been correct, more accurate than the radio report (that's an FSX thing).

Regards

Stephen

You can ask EFB to show the weather from NOAA, the current Active sky snapshot (if you're using it) or FSX. All it did was confirm what RC told me, and that there was no weather (wind?) at the destination airport.

These were two separate flights on two different continents (YBRK and CYLW) respectively and I don't believe in coincidences! I thought that OpusFSX populated FSX with weather throughout the world, and so there is definitely something amiss. When I get a chance to fly again probably this weekend, I shall test again. Is there anything I should look out for specifically?

Cheers.

OpusFSX builds the weather for over 300 miles around the aircraft and is updated as you fly.

Open the Spy window, force a weather update and see if the METARs come through. You can also send me your OpusWeather.txt file so that I can load your weather here. Please check out the Flight1 'Reporting Weather Anomalies' post.

Regards

Cheryl