Sign in to follow this  
ILYUSHIN_IL62

Tu-114 : A Flying Palace

Guest Dominik Mann

This looks GREAT! :D :D :D Always good to see something different from Airbus and Boeing - especially so when it is also so unusual like this Tupolev!

Good news. We've just made a soundpack for Tu-114. It combines different sounds of NK-12 engines available for free download and takes the best of all of them to make this moster sound like a monster. Very powerful roar, something like Constellation but with jet turbine whine. A must listen ! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/82036.jpg

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Guest Railrunner130

Looks awesome!! I can't wait to get my paws on it!!BTW- Have you considered doing the Bear next?

Bear (Tu-95) - probably not. Because it's very different (if we want to stay accurate). We can just keep engines and slightly modify the main gear. The rest is to create from scratch.At the other hand, we'll make another military variant of Tu-114 : the AWACS Tu-126. Funny, first there was Tu-95 (Bear). Then it has been "civilized" and they made Tu-114. Finally, Tu-114 appears to be so good and economical that the Army turned again to it and made a military version of this civil plane.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/82166.jpg

Gavin wrote:>I don't suppose it'll work in 2K2? :-(Will it? It looks absolutely amazing. I hope it will...

Guest mike_cyul

I am in complete awe. :( The AN-24 is one of my all-time favourite sim aircraft, and now another fantastic offering! Bravo, Samdim and team.:DMike F.

Releasing a project of this magnitude and quality does not make you a freeware author....It makes you a freakin' philanthropist!!!!!What an incredible display of generosity!Well Done!:-halo

You can still send us money - nobody will refuse ! :)Honestly, we were hesitating to make this project payware - regarding the huge amount of work (sleepless nights, tons of coffee, internet connection, etc) and the resulting quality. Finally we decided it will come out for free. Those who want to express their gratitude will have the possibility to send us a little contribution. What's the name of that - donationware ? :)

Guest JDH

My God! My jaw is hurting from the amount of bouncing off the floor it has done!!!

Guest Jason210

Samdim, I love airfcraft from this era, and your project looks great! I have a question - what kind of functionality have you modelled into the panels and gauges? I mean it would be pure joy to play around with equipment from that era!Do you have a website?jason

Guest bigun

Samdim,I have been watching this thread with complete amazement! This aircraft looks like it is going to be a 10+:-beerchug You will definately find a little something in the piggy bank from me when it is released.

> Samdim, I love airfcraft from this era, and your project > looks great! I have a question - what kind of functionality > have you modelled into the panels and gauges? I mean it > would be pure joy to play around with equipment from that era!The panel is being created by S.Golosov using some gauges by S.Gritsevsky (An-24, Il-18...) and some custom gauges. Regarding the reactions on our An-24 panel, it appears to be too complex for 99% of the users. Take a look at the navigator's panel and tell us how many of these gauges do you use ? Everything works but nobody uses the total amount of this navigation stuff. So it's there eating ressources (fps) and serving for nothing. This time the panel is intented to be more functional and easier. But still very far from default panels and logics, so you'll still have fun with it. There will be the main console, captain's and pilot's panels and the navigator's panel. Putting less gauges than in An-24 will allow us to increase gauges refreshment rate - in other words, they'll move smoother.What we'll certainly do for our next project (Tu-134) is to release two different panels - a complex and complete russian-language panel with custom logic and a simplier english-language panel based on default FS logic. Newbees will be able to fly with the simple panel, old wolves - with the complex one.As for the flight dynamics, unfortunately we can't label the model with "tested by real tu-114 pilots", you understand why. Dynamics developpers follow as close as possible the technical characteristics of this plane, probably some Tu-95 pilots will test it. Anyway, even with those million-dollar funds, Microsoft cannot state that its Ryan-5 has been tested by C.Lindberg :)

totally awesome work there!! :D Always wanted to fly a large turboprop :) but the VC is just exceptional, not to mention the exterior model too! :) hats off to you!! :)Cheers,