Sign in to follow this  
kannwar

No vsync

Hallo,

for me dx10 with d3dOverrider from the rivatuner is very good! Vsync works!

Alexander, Kannwar: I would be interested, whether you give it a try?

Leonhardt

Thanks for the post, LeonHardt - but much better if you simply posted the links here!! - what you downloaded, and what settings you used - a blow-by-blow of how to fix the sync problem.

I downloaded a Rivatuner a couple of days ago, and it was a hugely confusing interface. I never did find out how to use it, so I just went back to Inspector.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I didn't know RivaTuner was still around. Thought NI had replaced that a couple of years ago. I cannot believe it works better than NI. It's not even being updated is it? In any case, I am getting very good graphics with mostly the default Nvidia settings except for AA I have AA turned on in FSX plus, in NI, I have AA Mode as Override any application setting and the AA Setting is set to 8xS (combined: 1x2 SS+ 4x MS), and AA Transparency SS is set to 4x Sparse Grid SS (2x's works well too). It's not perfect AA in every aircraft but close. Oh! For vertical sync? I set it to Forced off. I now get 60 to over 100 fps in default scenery. In Orbx/FTX scenes, it has a hard time staying in the 20's but to me that's satisfactory. Sometimes it will dip to the teens but so far things look pretty smooth.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hallo,

in my post form 12 September I have tried to describe how it funktion with the riva tuner.

1): download: http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=163&file=4&evp=b0d1360d4d6f6dc2017ceaf2b4e67ad7

2.). install

3.). You dont use the riva tuner itself, of course you use the nvidia Inspector

4.) You just use an Programm named d3dOverrider. You can start it from the start menue, Its a subitem of the Startitem Rivatuner. This old Programm can force the vsync!

5.) Add the fsx in the d3dOverrider. Force vsync its automatically on. Thats all. And the tearing is gone!

Many greetings

Leonhardt

Hi Leonhardt! Thank you, Sir! Fantastic! This is exactly what I was looking for, as there have been lots of vsync "complaints" and no real answers, and finally someone comes along with a great fix!

:drinks:

For anyone who has vsync issues - would you mind following Leonhardt's above guide, and let us know here, of your findings. Personally, I'm going to turn it off inside Inspector to check it out, and then see if there's any frame hit.

Thanks again, Leonhardt! Great find.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi guys I'm going to try this one out tonight and I'll let you know the results. Looks positive and I've been reading some of Paul J's other posts around DX10 - maybe I can finally have cars enabled with UTX without killing fps?

Hallo,

in my post form 12 September I have tried to describe how it funktion with the riva tuner.

1): download: http://downloads.gur...17ceaf2b4e67ad7

2.). install

3.). You dont use the riva tuner itself, of course you use the nvidia Inspector

4.) You just use an Programm named d3dOverrider. You can start it from the start menue, Its a subitem of the Startitem Rivatuner. This old Programm can force the vsync!

5.) Add the fsx in the d3dOverrider. Force vsync its automatically on. Thats all. And the tearing is gone!

Many greetings

Leonhardt

Hi Leonhardt I'm getting some strange results. The vsync fix is definitely working and there is no more tearing but for some reason I'm finding DX10 at 30fps is very choppy. The framerate counter is pegged at 30 (I'm using the default FSX flight in the trike) but it definitely doesn't look or feel like 30fps (more like 15). Not sure if this is because I have my system setup as per Word Not Allowed's guide?? Forcing vsync through NI means you can set it to half your monitor's refresh rate but this Overrider tool probably doesn't do anything like that.

Has anyone seen this before??

Edit: To add to this - if I minimize and then restore the FSX window I find that it is silky smooth for a few seconds before turning choppy again. Also, I found the Overrider tool caused a crash during startup of FSX that appeared to occur whenever it went to load fsinsider.dll (which I think is used by EZDock) so perhaps there is a conflict. Got around this crash by starting the Overrider tool after FSX had launched successfully.

Hallo Paul,

thank for Your friendly words! Its all teamwork. I have to thank a lot for the information with dx10, so if I can help a little bit, it would be a great honour for me.

Hallo Kannwar,

I`m at my job, so I cant test it.

On my PC (i2500k@5,1Ghz, 660GTX Ti), I get at most places 60 FPS, this i lhave locked intern in the FSX. So its quiet smooth!

Many greetings from Hamburg

Hallo Paul,

thank for Your friendly words! Its all teamwork. I have to thank a lot for the information with dx10, so if I can help a little bit, it would be a great honour for me.

Hallo Kannwar,

I`m at my job, so I cant test it.

On my PC (i2500k@5,1Ghz, 660GTX Ti), I get at most places 60 FPS, this i lhave locked intern in the FSX. So its quiet smooth!

Many greetings from Hamburg

Yup I found that mine is smooth too if I set it to 60 but because I fly with airliner addons in highly detailed areas i.e. Heathrow this can end up causing problems due to the wildly inconsistent framerate in those situations. I'm pretty sure it's just the type of vSync being used here. If the author of this D3DOverrider tool could implement nVidia's enhancements to vSync that we see in the newer drivers - ability to set 1/2, 1/4 of monitor's refresh rate, Adaptive etc. - then this would probably be perfect.

Thanks heaps though Leonhardt we are one more step ahead! =D