Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Very Cool

Here's another channel that'll probably interest all of yee with the NGX, even if he works for "Those Guys":

Regards,

Ró.

His videos are brilliant. Followed his blog for a while. Very inspirational!

Check out "dnhug" on youTube for Swiss cockpit videos. He is part of their cabin crew but has Swiss' permission to setup cameras in the cockpit. Yes, Swiss' fleet is Airbus and Avro, but his videos are worth watching. He is also an FSX simmer and does post some FSX videos too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dnhug

Here is an awesome video of an A330 approach and landing.

Very interesting, just a few questions for anyone who can answer.

1. At about 4:30 they get a speed reduction call, which apparently wasn't in the correct format. What would that format be?

2. I'm taking it any time you are entering a cloud layer with close to 0 temps, anti-ice goes on?

3. Anyone else startled at how uninterested the Horizon pilots sound?

Its funny how the FO pulls out his tray table during the landing role.

1. At about 4:30 they get a speed reduction call, which apparently wasn't in the correct format. What would that format be?

I think the speed that ATC gave them was unusually slow.

2. I'm taking it any time you are entering a cloud layer with close to 0 temps, anti-ice goes on?

Yep, they are using centigrade so 0*C is 32*F. Icing can occur in clouds at those temps so its good to be on the safe side.

3. Anyone else startled at how uninterested the Horizon pilots sound?

Could be exhausted.

The problem there was non standard phrasology which confused the pilots, the controller said "Reduce speed to One Niner Zero" the pilots heard "Reduce speed; Two One Niner Zero". Happens all the time stateside, can be quite confusing for foreign crews, even crews whose first language is English. Had I heard that my first reaction would have been to slow Two Niner Zero knots, but the one made me question it, and then would have asked again, or just figured out what she meant in my head...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Some nice videos in the thread. Gonna fill me Youtube watchlist for a while.

That pilots eye one looks really good...

I like them... also they are nice to practice my german many times, and nice to hear different accents.

Their Swiss A340

Isnt that captain the same guy who captained their MD-11 in World Air Routes video?

I like them... also they are nice to practice my german many times, and nice to hear different accents.

Indeed if you don't use it you lose it. My German at this stage has gotten quite rusty, don't even know if I could hold a propper conversation at this point in time... :wacko:

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Yeah, that's a huge problem with foreign languages.

In school I lerned french for two years. In the first year I had good grades and wasn't too bad at all. After 9 weeks of summer holiday I have nearly forgotten anything about it and didn't passed in that grade. :unsure:

I am more interested in technical things, especially in electrical stuff and also, ofcourse aviation.

But I totally suck at languages, especially at German. If I write two texts with the same amount of words, one in German and one in English, I make less mistakes in the English text altough I am from Austria (the little banana country next to Germany) :lol:

But anyway, very nice videos!

Jonathan

Indeed, English is now my primary language, and by far the easiest for me to converse in. Years ago I used be able to blabber away in German no bother at all, now I stuggle with speech, but can do text fine as I have a moment to think it through. Likewise with Irish, I grew up with it as firstly my only language, then once I learnt English it was still my primary language, but now after living in an English speaking part of the country so long my Irish has really disimproved.... Never had much trouble though learning languages in school though, even though I was much more technical than I was linguistic... The video's are great though for having a bit of German on your ear, and in a context you understand... I'd really like to see the one with Jurgen Raps' retirement in it, met him a few times over the years, lovely man...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

How about we form a club for development of German-speaking skills? :) Come to think of it, some Skysurfer007 NGX videos are in German. Might be worth a watch.