Sign in to follow this  
Airbusman330

UPDATED: PMDG Releases Statement Regarding EULAs for P3D---->Avsim article

What even is P3D? A simple explanation will do, rather than ten pages full of information on it :P

Whatever you do don't abandon FSX. Because that will force me to switch sims :lol:

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

What even is P3D? A simple explanation will do, rather than ten pages full of information on it :P

You will easily find out just by reading on the internet....and then you will never forget.

Oh wow, a new sim... I certainly haven't forgot now ha!

Does it have better FPS?

IIRC It's just FSX but Lockhead have changed the code slightly for their use.

Some of you have been living under a rock by the sounds of it.

I really hope that LM and PMDG can come to some sort of an understanding regarding licencing. I for one have been very curious (and hopeful) about P3D, but have seen no reason to give it a shot knowing that it's future did not include PMDG.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

IIRC It's just FSX but Lockhead have changed the code slightly for their use.

It's actually much more than that. Lockheed Martin has spent months now re-writing a lot of the base code, not just changing the UI for 'their' use. They are also taking improvements requested by the community to incorporate into every new release (when's the last time we had that in FSX?!?).

A short list of the improvement thus far:

- Faster texture loading (NO blurries)

- Stutters almost non-existent, even with graphics level set higher than your system can handle

- Bathymetry for the entire world (underwater)

- UI for Graphics option incorporates many 'tweaks' that we used to have to edit the fsx.cfg to use (i.e. TML up to 4096, LOD radius up to 6.5, etc.)

- Shader 3.0 support incorporated

- and more!

More info here: http://www.prepar3d.com/experience/

Join the discussion about it or feel free to ask the expanding user base any questions here at Avsim!: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/436-the-unofficial-prepar3d-forum/

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I really hope that LM and PMDG can come to some sort of an understanding regarding licencing. I for one have been very curious (and hopeful) about P3D, but have seen no reason to give it a shot knowing that it's future did not include PMDG.

For me, it is simple - if they switch, I'll switch. There are tools and techniques to make most add-ons move over. I'm ready and I think LH will appreciate the business - probably keep them in the market. Plus, I think LM's pricing structure is right on - no need to switch it. We are paying for what the platform is worth.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I hope PMDG sort something out. It will be cool to come on Avsim and discover that all the PMDG aircraft now have P3D installers.

There's a guy who got the NGX to work, it wasn't too difficult from what I read.

There's a guy who got the NGX to work, it wasn't too difficult from what I read.

Yes, I think quite a few people have got the NGX working in P3D, but without PMDG support - and that's no minor detail.

As P3D continues to gradually evolve away from it's FSX roots, PMDG is currently under no obligation to update their product to work with it. I believe I even read at some point (or maybe I was dreaming) that PMDG had been considering taking steps to prevent the use of their products within P3D.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I'm very hopeful of Prepar3d for the future. With their student version which is affordable and their talks with PMDG. It looks to be heading in the right direction for consumers, I mean students..

Could someone who uses P3D and the NGX come forward and tell us what it's like? Would be nice to find out.