aceridgey

Is it possible to have a Virtual Cabin

253 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a virtual cabin?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Hi guys,

I know in the past PMDG have said that there will be no virtual cabin for the ngx etc.

I have always prefered it, as an extension of the exterior view, not the VC..

Nowadays we all pretty much get the performance we are after in the external views [wingviews spot etc] it is only in the VC where we tend to struggle..

This is Captain sim yes, and no I am not supporting the company, but in the interest of fairness I believe that they have done a fantastic job here

It really makes one feel like they're in a 777, as to be fair, the majority of the customers here, only ever see this part of the aircraft so to truly FEEL like we are flying our beloved 777. I would really like to see this added at some point.

What do you think, will PMDG CONSIDER adding a virtual cabin like the above.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Personally, I think the virtual cabin which the NGX has is more than good enough.

To my understanding PMDG simulates cockpits of airliners to the best degree of realism possible on computers and not virtual cabins. I buy PMDG products to have a great time flying the aircraft from the cockpit. If I want to see the cabin, I can go to YouTube and watch some videos.

In my opinion it is better the Tripple 7 is released one hour earlier than to have a highly detailed virtual cabin, which will only cost performance, and eats up some disc space.

How many polys does that require? It does look darn good! But I think I'll stick to the flight deck :)

Alaister Kay

I rather use that resources on making the rain effect on the windshield that a Virtual Cabin. That my point of view.

To be honest, I've always secretly hoped that PMDG would change their mind at some point and include an optional virtual cabin. That thought I kept at the back of my mind, always trying to convince myself as to why it's not necessary, but after seeing this video, I really miss it's absence in the PMDG 777X. I wish they'd think about it, and maybe include it in a future expansion. That's my opinion. That cabin in the video is simply AWESOME!

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Please don't - this is a simulation from the pilot's perspective, not from the PAX - everybody can experience that in real life easily. IMO, they could even leave out the external model, i fly from the VC, not from the outside, otherwise i could just switch to microsoft flight - but i guess most of you will stone me for this opinion around here.... :Whistle:

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Leave cabin modeling to captainsim, and let pmdg do what they excel at.

Pmdg has never been about excessive eye candy, and personally I don't think they should start now.

To be honest, I've always secretly hoped that PMDG would change their mind at some point and include an optional virtual cabin. That thought I kept at the back of my mind, always trying to convince myself as to why it's not necessary, but after seeing this video, I really miss it's absence in the PMDG 777X. I wish they'd think about it, and maybe include it in a future expansion. That's my opinion. That cabin in the video is simply AWESOME!

I agree

Please don't - this is a simulation from the pilot's perspective, not from the PAX - everybody can experience that in real life easily. IMO, they could even leave out the external model, i fly from the VC, not from the outside, otherwise i could just switch to microsoft flight - but i guess most of you will stone me for this opinion around here.... :Whistle:

"this is a simulation from the pilot's perspective, not from the PAX" - Who said it was? I though this was a flight simulator, and I find you comment about every can experience in real life easy? How old are you? Money doesn't grow on trees to suddenly go.. Hey, I want to go on a 777 today what shall it be??

I would prefer a full visual simulation of the 777, not just the front and wings.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

How many polys does that require? It does look darn good! But I think I'll stick to the flight deck :)

their 757 and 767 also look the same, Captain Sim are pros at VC Cabins.

I fully agree.

Every minute pmdg doesn't spend on programming a virtual cabin the 777 will probably be released earlier.

As said before, leave that to Captain Sim.

Hi,

Well, not being so extremist, I would say that I agree on some points. Well for sure not everybody can afford buying a ticket on a T7 just for experiencing what it is as a pax. But on another hand, on fsx, I could do without a virtual cabin and even without a nice exterior as long as most (or all) of the systems are accurately designed and the virtual cockpit fully usable.

I always fly in VC with a track IR and I love spending a lot of time in preparing the plane and managing the flight.

I used to fly the Level-D 767 which was not the most beautiful visual model I have ever seen but was really nice to fly.

And finally, with the NGX, I think I found the perfect bird. If we reasonably guess that the T7 will include some improvements and maybe some extra functions, so I will definitely lose my social life flying that bird!

Cheers

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

"this is a simulation from the pilot's perspective, not from the PAX" - Who said it was?

I don't think he was talking about flight sim in general, but about PMDG products. That's what they've always ben up to. At least from my understanding, their focus is on the flight deck and the systems, not on the passengers. If you want a fancy virtual cabin, you're at the wrong forum. Buy the "other" 777. You'll get a delightful cabin to look at, but don't complain about systems simulation quality.

I would prefer a full visual simulation of the 777, not just the front and wings.

You should be thankful that they still include a low res. cabin, because I bet that their wish was not to spend time on it.

Personally, I think the virtual cabin which the NGX has is more than good enough.

To my understanding PMDG simulates cockpits of airliners to the best degree of realism possible on computers and not virtual cabins. I buy PMDG products to have a great time flying the aircraft from the cockpit. If I want to see the cabin, I can go to YouTube and watch some videos.

In my opinion it is better the Tripple 7 is released one hour earlier than to have a highly detailed virtual cabin, which will only cost performance, and eats up some disc space.

Jonathan just said exacly what I think about it.

Matheus Mafra

+1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

So many poly's that it isn't actually in their 777 with the VC. It's the VC or that..